Lookup CD greyed out

Hi all,

I wanted to play around with Picard more today and thought about putting a CD in my cdrom and see what “Lookup CD” does…
But the button stays greyed out no matter what.

I’m using openSUSE 42.1 Leap, cdrom location = /dev/sr0 (which is also correctly configured in Picard).
I can play the cd just fine (with VLC for example) so what could be the problem ?

TIA
Bart

Have you selected the proper drive in Options > CD Lookup? Also please tell us which version of Picard you are using.

Does openSUSE install the python-discid Python 2 library as a dependency of Picard? If not, that might also be the issue. (I know that Arch Linux for a long while didn’t even package python-discid, but they recently started doing so and added it to the Picard package’s optional dependencies.)

Version is 1.3.2
See additional output from debug:

bart@linux-wa1o:~> picard -d
D: 15:04:18 Debug mode on
D: 15:04:18 Starting Picard from '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/picard/tagger.pyc’
D: 15:04:18 Platform: Linux-4.1.15-8-default-x86_64-with-SuSE-42.1-x86_64 CPython 2.7.9
D: 15:04:18 Versions: Picard 1.3.2, PyQt 4.11.4, Mutagen 1.22, Discid is not installed
D: 15:04:18 Configuration file path: /home/bart/.config/MusicBrainz/Picard.conf
D: 15:04:18 User directory: /home/bart/.config/MusicBrainz/Picard

Doing this I noticed that indeed, discid is not installed or Picard can’t find the files.
I do have the libdiscid library installed -> 2 files /usr/lib64/libdiscid.so.0 & /usr/lib64/libdiscid.so.0.6.1
Packman repo does have python-musicbrainz2 but this is listed as deprecated in the docs so I’d rather not use it.

You need python-discid installed.

OK it works, thanks all :slight_smile: