Looking for Stuart Grundy BBC radio 1975 Simon and Garfunkel

Looking for the 1975 BBC radio broadcast or a transcript by Stuart Grundy called “The Story of Simon and Garfunkel” or “Simon and Garfunkel story” in particular an interview with Roy Halee

1 Like

I don’t know if you manage to find [Stuart Grundy BBC radio 1975 Simon and Garfunkel].but when I came across your post it reminded me that I recorded the six hourly shows back in 1975 onto cassettes .They were recorded in mono on my Fm radio/cassette from Dixons of the time, As a fan of Simon & Garfunkel I know I still have them, I have found them and managed to transfer them to mp3 mono recording at 320bits and still a decent recordings for 48 years ago. If you are still seeking the programs let me know

Denzel2

6 Likes

Hi
I never found them. I would really like to hear them! I’ll message you my email.
Thanks
D

Hi Dpr
soon I get your email , I’ll arrange with you and send the files to you properly on a DVD rom
that’s if you still have a dvd drive they are slowly a thing of the past, but I still use them for a hard backup (There Be no cost to you ) it will be my good deed.

Denzel2

3 Likes

This thread is one of the reasons I love obscure forums on the internet. Two total strangers helping each other to hear lost audio purely due to the love of that audio and not profit.

Oh - and a little tip. WeTransfer.com means you can upload those MP3s and send it zero cost…

4 Likes

@IvanDobsky Thanks for the wetransfer suggestion

@denzel2 Thanks for your offer of a dvd disc, I do have several drives, but I much prefer the online transfer… If you login to musicbrainz, you have a message from me…

You’re helping me find information on the recording locations of several S&G tracks… looking forward to getting to the bottom of this particular rabbit hole!

1 Like

I like WeTransfer as it is so simple to use, and you can select a LINK option that means you don’t even have to reveal email addresses.

I have absolutely not exchanged rare an unusual stuff with other MB users this way… :disguised_face:

2 Likes

I have also used it - to get other non 1975, shorter versions of the Stuart Grundy show. None of which included the elusive Roy Hallee interview… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Another advantage: Transferred files will be deleted online (@ WeTransfer) automatically after 7 days in the free version.

1 Like

Hello! I would love to have a copy of this Simon and Garfunkel BBC set - been looking for 48 years! Were you able to figure out how to send it via WeTransfer? Please let me know - thanks so much in advance!

All the best,
Mark Easter

1 Like

Hello dpr! Saw your post - I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Mark

1 Like

Please check your messages/email

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH for offering to send these files to me - I am blown away to finally hear this for the first time since 1975. My email is mce1965@aol.com - and again, my thanks!

Mark

1 Like

Hey dpr. Big time S&G fan here. I can’t find this broadcast anywhere online; I would love to have a listen to it. Born many, many years after 1975, I never even had the chance to listen to it, lol! I would be most grateful if you could send the files to my email address: -

Best regards,
PJ

2 Likes

Please check your messages/email

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m very grateful for your kindness.

PJ

@denzel2 is the one to thank

Yes you are correct, thank you @denzel2 for preserving these old gems for others to enjoy.

PJ

3 Likes

saw this across the street and couldn’t resist

4 Likes

Hi there all. thanking you all for your thanks
just wish I could have recorded them in stereo. the option was there as I recall
I was 21 at the time and just got married, even £25 for a Mono FM radio tape recorder
from Dixon’s seemed a lot the time. but at least I kept hold of the recordings hope you enjoy. once again thanks

Dennis

7 Likes