Live.deadmau5.com / Suckscription

I’m looking to properly add the deadmau5 “Suckscription” (service) releases. The page where everything was able to be downloaded has been archived here (click “music”, directly linked to it doesnt work).

A few of the tracks are already on MB, some under no label and some under the wrong label. Should I make a “live.deadmau5.com” label? Similar to amontobin.com?

How do I decide what counts as a single release here?

• The oldest tracks (Acedia through Superbia, all the way at the bottom) for example, were all uploaded on the same day, but have different artwork. I could add them as a single release with that artwork as “track” artwork, but then there is no release front cover. Those tracks were a single release on soundcloud, but these are different versions or different masters I believe.
  • Some other times multiple tracks were uploaded on the same day but were not otherwise related (Arguru Intro Tool & the Get Scraped album for example).
  • Every single BSOD track incl unreleased tracks has been uploaded here on the same day, all with the same artwork, but some track names missing. Is that a single release (and new release group)? Similarly every WTF? track has been uploaded on the same day.

Is it fine to use the default icon as release artwork for releases/tracks that don’t have other artwork, or should I leave them without artwork?

1 Like