List of native ListenBrainz API apps and in development apps

I have not started using it yet, since I was trying to package it first for Fedora. I would consider filing a new issue for this behavior though. The maintainer is very responsive. :smiley:

1 Like

@jflory

I have not started using it yet, since I was trying to package it first for Fedora.

Then what are you using currently to scrobble music live to your ListenBrainz account?

I would consider filing a new issue for this behavior though. The maintainer is very responsive. :smiley:

Oh yeah, the “behavior” that it doesn’t send the artist name and track/recording name should be opened as an issue I assume? You can do that since I’ve not managed to run mpris-scrobbler with success yet

1 Like

@jflory
Hi! I’m notifying you again because I’ve opened an issue(caution: It’s not the one you wanted but this is an issue I’ve had)

1 Like

Right now, I’m using the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler app for Android (GitHub, Google Play Store).

Thanks for opening the issue, I am also curious as a Rhythmbox user. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jflory if it wasn’t for you I’d never solve my issue. It takes motivation but it also takes community support to make something work that I’ve never tried before(I had some motivation already but it wasn’t enough to go ahead). Your support was enough for my existing motivation to try this out and reach out to the developer of mpris-scrobbler(who was also a very helpful developer). I also offered to donate cryptocurrency but I’m assuming they are so humble they can’t accept it :smiley: but oh well I’m happy my problem got solved.

Also to keep my word in the conversation, I think it’s fair I share how I made it work. I’ll do that and also add the insightful commentary by the developer of mpris-scrobbler regarding the MPRIS API which doesn’t seem to support/‘be capable of’ sending MBIDs.

1 Like

@internetofdata Looking at the code Simple Last.fm Scrobbler seems to use the actual ListenBrainz API and not the Last.fm compatibility API. Also see ListenBrainz plugin for Rhythmbox and support in Lollypop for some more supported players.

What about your plans to making this a Wiki entry? Update: Shall I convert it into one?

2 Likes

@outsidecontext

Yes please. That is still my intent as I wanted to do that with @jesus2099’s help

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve converted it into a Wiki post. Will update the contents later to add my plugins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have updated the list, added information for Rhythmbox, foobar2000, Lollipop and Quod Libet. Also did some formatting cleanup, mainly removing the redundant “Platform …” text. I think it makes it more readable. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

We probably should split the “in development list” into “in development” (there is already some code, just not completed and no stable release) and “Planned development” (there is an issue, but nobody is working on it). UPDATE: I just edited like this

mpris-scrobbler should probably be moved up into the former.

2 Likes

Well done. I like the list more now :slight_smile:

1 Like

My browser extension now supports scrobbling Google Play Music listening activity to Last.fm, Libre.fm and ListenBrainz. (more activity sources coming next month)

Currently available on:

2 Likes

mpdscribble is an MPD client, it supports last.fm, libre.fm and listenbrainz through last.fm proxy.

I’m using this client to post on my listenbrainz account.

I’m also writing a client library in pure python3, I don’t know where to advertise about it. Maybe we need a similar topic dedicated to clients libraries.

Cheers

3 Likes

If you want create a list under the Apps that recently added support for ListenBrainz and which I’ve not checked yet in too much detail to know in what exact list they should belong to list that has a list name of your liking ie “Client libraries” or “Advanced section: Client libraries” or just choose a name you consider relatively objective/“npov”(neutral point of view)-ish :slight_smile: and add your published program/library to the list.

Feel welcome to edit/add stuff to the 1st post.

1 Like

My project, AudioStreamerScrobbler, can be categorized in the “In development” apps, I’d think.

It’s a program meant to be run 24/7 on Raspberry pi devices and aims to monitor popular consumer hardware audiostreamers (as found in popular wi-fi speakers and some AV and/or hi-fi amps). Right now it can only monitor 1 BluOS device (from BlueSound) device, but Yamaha MusicCast and Denon HEOS support will be added (hopefully) soon.

The aim is that the program will be able to monitor all players of all supported types in a single household, which (eventually) can be grouped to different accounts of different music tracking services. There’s a long way to go, but the program is in heavy development and I already use it daily on my NAD C368 amplifier with the internal BluOS 2 upgrade card.

I have recently added native ListenBrainz support to it (with native, I mean it uses the ListenBrainz API and not the AudioScrobbler 2.0 compatibility API). This weekend I hope to fix some issues and add support for local ListenBrainz server installations as well. FWIW, it already has support for Last FM, Libre FM and GNU FM instances.

The project can be found here: https://github.com/vvdleun/audiostreamerscrobbler

I use the project personally already to register listens on my personal ListenBrainz account

3 Likes

Have you thought about adding Chrome Cast support?
There seems to be a library for java that you should be able to use.

2 Likes

Good one, had not thought about it yet, as I’m not a Chromecast user yet. I’ll do some research.

I’ll make a wiki page with my plans.

I’m a developer of a Portuguease multilanguage Web application that uses MusicBrainz and YouTube metadata to listen music. Now I added full native ListenBrainz scrobble support on beta stage.

Musicoteca Beta: https://beta.musicoteca.ml/

pt-BR: https://pt.musicoteca.ml/
en: https://en.musicoteca.ml/

2 Likes

Pano Scrobbler! My favorite scrobbler to use - I wish it wasn’t just for Android

They just recently pushed out ListenBrainz support, however it only “listens” - no viewing or loving in the UI - yet. Also, currently you must have a last.fm account configured within the app to get the app UI to function correctly… WIP but it works well for submitting data :slight_smile: (( Also supports custom ListenBrainz servers))

I vouch for this app as a daily user, and I use it to Scrobble to last.fm and Listen @ ListenBrainz, simutaniously.

No Ads. No Premium.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arn.scrobble&hl=en_CA

1 Like

It’s Official Web-Scrobbler version 2.9.0

If using web-scrobbler and you’re trying the whole FOSS OSH, save the internet bizness… try disabling google analytics in web-scrobbler options cause that’d be against your beliefs probably.

I have been using Multi-Account Scrobblers for years…

as oz10h on github I was the guy who added support for Simple Last.fm Scrobbler and Web Scrobbler. oz10h is one of my github accounts it’s a short form of my name austin hogan.

humblebeebumblebeedebugs is another one but I lost access to the account through my own stupidity. I mucked up the project SLS almost and will have to contact the original developer to make any major required updates.

I am currently building a brand new scrobbler for android that should solve most of the major issues I had while I tried to modernize and refactor Simple Last.fm Scrobbler. A client with all the functionality and options and more that any of the last.fm and any of the similar apps have ever offered.
I am also using Go the programming language to build my own variant of a scrobbling (metadata recording) service which I intend to use the android client. I will also add support in web-scrobbler.That should cover most people’s devices except iOS for now. I purchased the domain listenfreak.org and a little amazon server to really start testing and programming. This time with gitea a gogs variant which is a github variant utlimately. I purchased the domain listenfreak.org (it’s a dead site for now) to see if I could get the ball rolling and let me know if you read this, if that name is cool or not. Sooo that’s it.

I know some say why reinvent the wheel.
Well I am trying make metadata music sites “fly”.

I have really wasted/spent some time reading and testing the libre.fm/listenbrainz.org code bases and the features of the big 3 music metadata sites and think I can really improve them and give the avid music listener control over all the functionality each api has to offer, and hopefully I have enough tricks up my sleeve that they’ll stick with listenfreak.org instead of any of the others. However listenfreak will have functionality to interact with each of the other 3.
The same goes for scrobbling apps. I have seen many implementations but not one app that won my metadata heart… I really think it would be nice if the user had full control over the api if they wanted it and also full control over local storage options should they want that too. So you could store everything off grid if you desired and stuff like that. Or run the server on your home network and scrobble everything when you get home. Select when, where and how your metadata is created. I think there are lots of cool features that could be in the server itself like a build guide and settings guide. Same goes for the apps.

BTW I looked at pScrobbler too. I think it’s probably the best one out there.

Well. If you think that’s cool let me know. Feedback is important, but I will probably build them both either way for my own personal use if nothing else.

2 Likes