I’m using Picard v1.4.2 on Windows 10. I have a problem where after saving tags to some files, their “size on disk” balloons.
An example (sticking to one track for simplicity):
Size: 6,890,543 bytes
Size on disk: 7,340,032 bytes
Album art: None
Size: 6,993,397 bytes
Size on disk: 15,728,640 bytes
Album art: 500x500 px, 92 KB
- I add a bunch of files to the left-hand pane. I Cluster them.
- I select all the clusters and choose to Lookup.
- In the right-hand pane, I find an album that has been perfectly matched, right-click it and choose “Save”.
- About 50% of the time, it works as expected. The other 50%, the “size on the disk” for each file becomes huge.
- It’s noticeable when it happens, because the Save is very slow - it takes 1-2 seconds for each track that it saves, whereas when it works correctly it takes maybe 0.2 seconds per track.
- I can correct it, but not reliably. For example, if I right-click the album, and change it to another version, then save it, then back to the old version and save it again, then this will sometimes fix it. Sometimes it won’t. Sometimes removing all the cover art and saving again will fix it.
Any idea what is happening here?