ISRC duplicates

With cdrdao on my drive it takes several minutes to read the whole subchannel information. :smiley:
But I’m not even sure we should use it as it might be erroneous.

1 Like

You can.
Errors are 2% on faulty drives and 0% on others.
Errors are rather easy to spot when you know you have a faulty drive (and a software that does not slowly proof check). And then you rescan rescan rescan. :wink:

1 Like

So I have been playing with isrcsubmit with a few CDs now. As stated by others prior, I can see it uses cdrdao for its backend. I need/want to look at this more. I have also played with @kepstin MagicISRC tool, although I have not submitted anything through it. I can for sure how this can save time while entering ISRC’s for a release vs using the MB web UI and doing each recording individually. I appreciate how its intent is clear and straight forward.

While this is a dream and a bit off topic, I wonder why those developing these scrips and softwares do not combine their efforts into a single software ,via open source. I understand the initial issues with this, but I would bet that in the long run, time and effort would be saved in development and users will have a far better experience. Personally, I would be happy to add the little I have done to Picard. Not only would it make Picard better, but the community assumingly would only come together to make things better. I will comment on this more in that section of the forums.

I use dBpoweramp for ripping all of my cd’s. I have found it best for ripping, error handling, ease of use. Though it stumbles occasionally with reading ISRC from discs. Doubling of ISRCs, Skipping ISRCs.

For reading ISRCs from discs I use EZ CD Audio Converter. It is bulletproof. It never misses a beat, regardless of which drive I use.

2 Likes

I just gave EZ CD Audio Converter a try on my unreliable drive, and it did seem to do much better than ExactAudioCopy at reading ISRCs without holes and repeats on a couple discs.

However, if you have a reliable drive, then there’s no need to switch to paid software.

3 Likes

If your drive is not reliable and you are on Windows, just use MusicBrainz-isrcsubmit, that uses mediatools.exe (the only tool I know that Read[s] upto 10 Seconds of each track to find 2 Successive Identical ISRCs) and takes care of everything. :wink:

And only if this one finds no ISRC, because it happens from time to time, try this CD with any other program.

Untill Picard can also submit ISRC maybe someday.

I can’t get isrcsubmit to run on Windows.

1 Like

I use the free version on the Windows Store. EZ CD Audio Converter Free. Though it is a few versions behind the paid version. But for reading ISRCs, it does a fantastic job. The only bad thing is its only for Windows, no Mac or Linux.

1 Like

You must have Python installed (I have Python 3.7).
Then download and unzip isrcsubmit-2.1.0-win32.zip (confirm that it contains mediatools.exe).

Then from command line black window (running wt or cmd):

• Run python --version to confirm you have well python.exe in you path
  • Now run isrcsubmit.bat

Thanks I installed it for the next time I add a CD to MB, I will test its ISRC scan! :slight_smile:

Indeed but then I did not find a way to copy the batch of ISRC to submit them to MB.
The copy command does not copy them and there is no options to do so, apparently?