Is this Vivaldi classical release in MusicBrainz?

Maybe I’ve overthought it, maybe I overlooked it. Definitely lost when it comes to the world of id’ing classical CDs.

Picard CD Lookup comes up empty and I cannot seem to find this CD on MusicBrainz.

I wanted to make sure that it does not exist before I add it.

I think you are safe to add this Release to MusicBrainz.

Why?

And, finally, MusicBrainz can merge Releases which are later found to be duplicates. Don’t use this as an excuse to be sloppy, but do use it as reassurance that the stakes are low, if you make a mistake it won’t be too terrible.

And thank you for helping add to MusicBrainz!

—Jim DeLaHunt

4 Likes

Tis the whole reason I asked.

Formatting and crediting of classical music is greek to me, so I just wanted to make sure that my search results (but I’ll have to look into how you searched by catno and barcode) were the same as someone familiar with classical.

That being said: https://musicbrainz.org/release/7642eaa7-eea3-4bdf-9222-2a37a890c18f

The track names seem a bit excessive, but then again classical formatting is completely unfamiliar to me.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you for adding this Release.

The track name are a bit baroque (see what I did there? :wink: ), the Classical Style Guide doesn’t really ask for anything quite so different from what is printed on the cover. But, you did a great job of supplying images of the covers, so others who are more familiar with the rules can fix things up. Stay tuned to see how it turns out!

1 Like

Fixed this up a bit.

1 Like