Is there a way to report a JIRA user for spam?

I got a notification about MBS-9349 a few minutes ago, notifying me that a user I’ve never seen before had modified it by attaching an audio file of their own music. I do not know of a way to remove the file or report the user as a spammer. Can someone help?

Update #1: They’re now adding links to their DistroKid account too. I don’t want to copy anything they’ve posted here, as there’s potential it could be malicious.

Update #2: @reosarevok cleaned up after the spammer, but I still want to know how to deal with instances like this when they arise, in case they fly under the radar.

Update #3: This person tried reassigning the ticket to themselves. See above for why I’m still providing a play-by-play.

5 Likes

Go to their MusicBrainz user page and report the user. In your report, put a link to their spammed page (you can see history in Jira tickets).

This person doesn’t appear to have a MusicBrainz user page for me to report. Their JIRA profile doesn’t have any links associated with it.
Edit: Never mind, I found their MB profile (using the same name, go figure) and reported them from there.

4 Likes

I found another spammer, and this time they don’t appear to have an MB profile (or a profile on any other MeB projects) I can report. What do I do now?

3 Likes

This is them: Editor “wawmart” - MusicBrainz

1 Like

Are any administrators awake that can deal with Log in - MetaBrainz JIRA now? I’m going to be purging my email inbox as well as suppressing all future MetaBrainz Jira emails for the time being.

Amazingly, Jira apparently has no way to batch-undo things like these. I’m going to start changing some back, but if anyone has time to give a hand, it wouldn’t hurt: Issue Navigator - MetaBrainz JIRA

Edit: pretty much done, thanks for the help @chaban :slight_smile:

2 Likes