Is it possible to add cover art to a cluster?

Is it possible to add a cover artwork image to a cluster? Seems like I’ve done it before, but I can’t seem to figure it out now. :confused: Thanks

If you tag a release (look-up the cluster and match it to a release in MusicBrainz) you can add the cover art that is attached to the release on MusicBrainz. If the release on MusicBrainz doesn’t have any cover art, you’ll have to add that to MusicBrainz yourself.

Thanks @mfmeulenbelt. I’m trying to add it to a cluster (not yet in the MusicBrainz DB).

But!.. I finally remembered. The image file has to be dropped onto every cluster track individually.

If anyone knows of a way to bulk add a cover image to multiple items (or the entire cluster) at once, please do tell!!

I would just use something else, like mp3Tag. You’re trying to do something with Picard that it really wasn’t designed to do.

I’m not 100% sure, but I seem to recall that you can just select the cluster group (“Captured” in your example) and apply it there, and it will be applied to all of the files in the group. I know that works for releases in the right hand pane.

I didn’t even know I could drag and drop artwork onto even standalone recordings! I have been trawling the internet, sourcing quality artwork and ultimately uploading it to the appropriate release in order to pull it from MusicBrainz for some time now. Eventually I went with “Local Images” as my primary source for artwork (then following up with an upload if it’s warranted). To sum that up, and answer your question…

If you place the recordings you wish to assign the artwork to in the same directory before loading them into Picard, the “cover.jpg” that is present with them (or however you have your naming scheme, cover.jpg is default) will be embedded in all of those when saving. That applies to recordings whether they match a database entry or not. You must have Local Images as a source for artwork though. I can’t say whether or not it must be the primary source, but that’s how I source my artwork almost exclusively now. Especially since some of the artwork published online could be a 3MB jpeg that could use a little TLC(ompression).