IRC server connection denied

Continuing the discussion from Introduction thread!:

Communication / IRC - MusicBrainz should be up do date.

Can you quote the exact message you’re getting? Have you tried with a dedicated IRC client rather than using the freenode web client (which I assume is what you’ve tried to use, since that’s what we link in the above linked document)?

@Freso thank you!.. yes, you got right. i tried with only free-node server

i used “IRCnet” server which worked fine, but “freenode” not working.

The MetaBrainz IRC channels are only on the freenode network, not on IRCnet or other networks.

If it doesn’t help to connect to freenode through another IRC client. I’d redirect you to read https://freenode.net/kb/answer/chat but without more information to go on, I don’t think there’s much I can do to help you. Consider contacting freenode’s support at support@freenode.net and maybe they’ll be able to assist you more.

2 Likes

Please provide the error message you should find in the console.

Use webchat.freenode.net as it will not be IP blocked like your computer could be.
Sometimes you will have to try another nickname.

It all depends on your error message.

2 Likes

@fresco, thanks a lot! The link is really useful. I will surely connect on free-node in a while. :slight_smile:

this is the page that i get everytime i enter my details, and now it has been over an hour and still the same!

1 Like

1 Like

Check any adblockers or other extensions that might interfere. Or, as I’ve suggested before, try and use a dedicated IRC client.

2 Likes