Introduction thread!

Hi! I’m Kurumi from Tokyo, Japan! :grinning:

(My name Kurumi means walnut in Japanese! :laughing: )

I love music and programming very much, and that’s the reason why I found this community.

My most favorite artist is Hikaru Utada - link to our beloved MusicBrainz I love how Hikaru puts different instruments and sounds into one song and how beautiful the lyrics are.

I also used to make music by myself like this song :slight_smile:

I’m willing to contribute to the Metabrainz’ projects’ code. Right now, I’m setting up the local server in my own pc and looking at issues listed in Jira which have the good-first-bug tag :+1: Most likely I’ll ask for help soon to somebody:)

Thank you

11 Likes

:astonished: Wow, impressive song!! I love the music style, awesome drums bass guitars!
Welcome here, Kurumi.

3 Likes

Hi!!
I am Nishant Gupta. I’m into web develpoment and an absolute beginner when it comes to open source. Apart from that I love music and came across musicbrainz while I was doing some research for GSOC and was hooked by it.
Looking forward to some nice discussions!.

2 Likes

Hello Nishant !

I’m from Poland, not Holland. :wink:

I like India.

And I like film “Little Buddha”.

Official Trailer:

Hello everyone my Name is Kavach Dheer I an from Ireland, I am currently pursuing my PhD in recommendation systems. I love listening bollywood music and reading auto-biographies.
I am new to openSource and came across here through searching for projects in GSOC.

I am attaching my LinkedIn and Website, if somebody wants to connect.

Portfolio
LinkedIn

Kind Regards
Kavach Dheer
PhD Candiadte
University of Galway,School of Computer Science
SFI d-real

https://22kavachdheer.wixsite.com/research

Hi. I’m Rob. I’m new.

Here’s my generic copy/paste introduction:

I am an INTJ, sometimes INFP. My zodiac sign is Cancer. Yes, believe it or not, I’m soft on the inside. My favourite colour is green. My second favourite colours are orange and purple. Then blue. Okay I love all the colours. I am a 1 on the Kinsey scale but I play up my bisexuality because it’s sexy. On the political compass I am basically all the way social libertarian. Fiscally I am pretty centred but I lean slightly to the right, as in my soul I am libertarian. But of course I believe in both extremes. My Hogwarts house is Slytherin. My RPG elements are darkness and light. My instruments are the piano, the synthesizer and the computer sequencer. My heroes are Rick Sanchez, Squall Lionheart and crazy Joe Davola.

1 Like