Intrested In Contributing GSOC' 23

Greetings Mentors and Maintainers of BookBrainz,

I am excited to let you know that I am interested in participating in GSOC 2023, particularly in the BookBrainz projects. As a student who is well-versed in Python and JavaScript (particularly NodeJS ExpressJS) with multiple projects and internship experience, I believe I can contribute significantly to the projects.

I would really appreciate it if you can clear a couple of my queries:

1. I am particularly interested in the " Administration system" idea, but I am curious if there are any other ideas that have a higher priority or require more urgent attention. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

2. How can I interact with the mentors in case I need to write or know specific detail while the proposal period goes on?

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards,
Aryan Agrawal

1 Like

Hello @aryanagrawal22 and welcome !

In terms of missing features that you could propose as a project, Iā€™d say the best ways to find them are to use the website for some time, and also looking at existing ticket in our ticket tracker

For communications, we are available on the IRC channel #bookbrainz for chats but will also respond to this community forum.
The project proposals will all be posted here in advance of the deadline to receive feedbakc from the community and mentor.

You can read this page for more details on the same themes: Development/Summer of Code/Getting started - MusicBrainz Wiki

1 Like