Interested to contribute to BookBrainz UI vai GSOC 2022!

Hii, I am Kanha Agrawal, Computer Science undergrad from India. I am a MERN stack developer.This is my first time contributing to open source. I am interested in designing and implementing a unified creation form and Administration system project. Because I have worked on similar kind of project previously. I have setup the bookbrainz codes in my local and it is running perfectly. Currently I am going through the code structure and getting myself familiar with the codes. Looking forward to join this amazing community.

4 Likes

Welcome @kanha_13 !

If you have any questions, you know where to find us!
We do most of our discussion on the IRC channel # bookbrainz but I do keep an eye on these forums too.

1 Like

@mr_monkey Thanks for the reply.
I tried several times but was not able to join the channel, I am new to KIWI IRC, is there any guide for this. Looking forward to joining you guys!

1 Like

Hi @kanha_13!

Have you followed the instructions in the very first paragraph here?
-Communication / IRC - MusicBrainz

Basically: Click the link to join Kiwi IRC, and then you have to follow these instructions. Steps 2 and 3 should be all you need, and you’ll be in!
After that don’t forget to hit the little + next to ‘chatrooms’ at the top left and add #metabrainz

p.s. I didn’t really enjoy IRC until I got clued into irc cloud, if you (hopefully) stick around consider using that as your IRC client :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @aerozol Thank you for the help, I did follow that link and guide, but when I joined the channel it says could not connect to channel login with your NickServ account. After this, I get logged in with my account but still the same. I will follow the instructions which you provided, hopefully, it will work.
Thank you once again.

1 Like

going through the same process @kanha_13, please let us know in the comments if it works for you.