"Indefinite hiatus" vs. end of life-span

Apologies if this is documented/discussed elsewhere.

I recently added some releases from my favorite local band on the Fin Records label. Seattle Weekly called Fin Records “Best Local Label” in 2012, and just two years later they announced an “indefinite hiatus.” [1] [2]

Not only are they calling it a hiatus, but their last tweet says “BRB”. Their website seems to have been taken over by a somewhat-spammy author writing about unrelated music stuff (and it’s a completely different, generic template now).

Having heard nothing in the meantime, I’m tempted to give their Label entry’s life-span an end date and mark it ended. Does anyone have any recommendations here? What do people do when an entity goes on “hiatus”? Might it be useful for the schema to allow multiple life-spans? Does an entity “coming back” simply have their previous end date removed (that would leave the hiatus undocumented)?

1 Like

[quote=“brian.beck, post:1, topic:175489”]
Does an entity “coming back” simply have their previous end date removed (that would leave the hiatus undocumented)?[/quote]Yes :frowning:

And yes!
There was brief discussion on ways to implement this here, courtesy of @outsidecontext:

1 Like

Thanks, @aerozol! I’ll mark them as ended then and keep an eye on potential multi-life-span support in the future. :+1:

1 Like