I want all folders to be renamed to "Artist - Year - Album". How? :)

Hi,
I love this program and been sitting all day. Now I like to script, but I get stuck and need help. This was too advanced for me and I dont have any real programing background so I understand much. But ive tried! I hope someone can help me with my problem. I really hope so! Would mean alot since I need to see all albums Ive got more easy. Cheers Andrew from Sweden!

I have a folder called Hard Rock. I want all folders there to be named like this:

“Artist - Year - Album”
Example: Boulevard - 1990 - Into the street

Now they are called Example:
Winger_-_Pull-1993-BFS_INT
Winger-In_The_Heart_Of_The_Young-Retail-1990-FH
Xyz - ST-1991

Sometimes there is a folder called Beatles and all beatles albums are in that folder. But I want them moved into the main folder also.

You can use in your renaming script something like this for the folder part:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%) - $left(%date%,4) - %album%/

You haven’t talked about how you want the files to be named, but your renaming script completely with a filename of “00 Track title” could look like this:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%) - $left(%date%,4) - %album%/$num(%discnumber%,2) %title%

Also set the destintation directory in Options > File Naming to your “Hard Rock” folder.

If you want to keep the names as is and just change the folder just only enable “Move files” but not “Rename files”.

3 Likes