I can't save modified tags, it always gives an error. SOLVED!

Cuando intento salvar las etiquetas modificas siempre me da error. Alguna ayuda? Gracias.
My OS is Linux Mint 20.2 and MusicBrinz Picard 2.10

The actual error would be useful :wink: Please open Help > View Error/Debug Log and copy the full output there (after you attempted to save at least one file)

1 Like

E: 22:22:28,688 webservice._handle_reply:534: Network request error for https://coverartarchive.org/release-group/5f0f349d-c273-326b-a66b-be5bcb84ebd5/ → Error transferring https://coverartarchive.org/release-group/5f0f349d-c273-326b-a66b-be5bcb84ebd5/ - server replied: NOT FOUND (QT code 203, HTTP code 404)
E: 22:22:37,986 util/thread.run:69: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 275, in _openfile
yield FileThing(fileobj, filename, filename)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 156, in wrapper
return func(self, h, *args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_file.py”, line 271, in save
self.__save_v1(f, v1)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_file.py”, line 274, in __save_v1
tag, offset = find_id3v1(f)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_id3v1.py”, line 40, in find_id3v1
fileobj.seek(-128 - extra_read, 2)
OSError: [Errno 38] La funció no està implementada

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 185, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 154, in wrapper
with _openfile(self, filething, filename, fileobj,
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/contextlib.py”, line 158, in exit
self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 274, in _openfile
with fileobj as fileobj:

File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/util/thread.py”, line 66, in run
result = self.func()
^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/file.py”, line 393, in _save_and_rename
save()
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/formats/id3.py”, line 551, in _save
self._save_tags(tags, encode_filename(filename))
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/formats/id3.py”, line 660, in _save_tags
tags.save(filename, v2_version=4, v1=v1)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 189, in wrapper
reraise(exc_dest, err, sys.exc_info()[2])
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 43, in reraise
raise tp(value).with_traceback(tb)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 274, in _openfile
with fileobj as fileobj:
mutagen.id3._util.error: [Errno 38] La funció no està implementada

E: 22:22:37,986 ui/item.error_append:108: <MP3File ‘01 - Diamantes Para Ti.mp3’>: The file failed to parse, either the file is damaged or has an unsupported file format.
E: 22:22:37,987 ui/item.error_append:108: <MP3File ‘01 - Diamantes Para Ti.mp3’>: [Errno 38] La funció no està implementada

That’s rather strange. It looks like the loaded file does not support arbitrary access. Where are the files you loaded located? Is this some special storage (network storage, external drive, some mobile device, streaming access or something)?

Can you please share a full debug log? For this in the log view select “Debug” in the drop-down on the lower left. The completely close and restart Picard, load a single file and save it. Then share the debug log again (completely from start, so we can see all the details of file loading and saving).

Because the error happens when trying to save the legacy ID3v1 tags you could also disable writing ID3v1 in the preferences dialog under Tags > ID3. Maybe this will allow saving, though I’d expect you might get a similar error message then just at another code location. But it might be worth a try?

1 Like

It would also be interesting to know on which filesystem the files are on.
I would also suspect something broken on the system (glibc?).

The device was a pendrive, but now I have tried it from the hard drive and the result is more or less the same.

This is the content of the error log:

E: 22:07:30,169 webservice._handle_reply:534: Network request error for https://coverartarchive.org/release-group/5f0f349d-c273-326b-a66b-be5bcb84ebd5/ → Error transferring https://coverartarchive.org/release-group/5f0f349d-c273-326b-a66b-be5bcb84ebd5/ - server replied: NOT FOUND (QT code 203, HTTP code 404)
E: 22:07:39,242 util/thread.run:69: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 275, in _openfile
yield FileThing(fileobj, filename, filename)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 156, in wrapper
return func(self, h, *args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_file.py”, line 271, in save
self.__save_v1(f, v1)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_file.py”, line 274, in __save_v1
tag, offset = find_id3v1(f)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_id3v1.py”, line 40, in find_id3v1
fileobj.seek(-128 - extra_read, 2)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
with fileobj as fileobj:

File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/util/thread.py”, line 66, in run
result = self.func()
^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/file.py”, line 393, in _save_and_rename
save()
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/formats/id3.py”, line 551, in _save
self._save_tags(tags, encode_filename(filename))
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/picard/formats/id3.py”, line 660, in _save_tags
tags.save(filename, v2_version=4, v1=v1)
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 189, in wrapper
reraise(exc_dest, err, sys.exc_info()[2])
File “/app/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py”, line 43, in reraise
raise tp(value).with_traceback(tb)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
with fileobj as fileobj:
mutagen.id3._util.error: [Errno 38] La funció no està implementada

E: 22:07:39,243 ui/item.error_append:108: <MP3File ‘01 - Diamantes Para Ti.mp3’>: The file failed to parse, either the file is damaged or has an unsupported file format.
E: 22:07:39,243 ui/item.error_append:108: <MP3File ‘01 - Diamantes Para Ti.mp3’>: [Errno 38] La funció no està implementada

The file system on the pendrive is fat32 and on the hard drive it is ext4, but as I said before the result is the same (it does not modify the file and gives an error)

Maybe I’m doing something wrong??

Solved! I have my music stored not on the main disk, but on another disk. I have tried copying the folder with the files to the main disk and from there it does modify the files, then I saved the modified files again on another disk.
Thank you very much to all! :smiley:

5 Likes

Great to hear it is working for you now. It is still pretty curious why accessing the files failed. But it really seemed to be a low level filesystem thing. From the very first error I’d assume something that prevents access to arbitrary location in the file. It’s really strange if it is just a ext4 partition, but if there is some abstraction around this disc it could explain it. Or an actual hardware issue maybe.