How to sync ratings with Musicbee?

ratings
musicbee
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f23c3fb04f8> #<Tag:0x00007f23c3fb03b8>

Hi guys, I’m trying to sync my Musicbee ratings with MusicBrainz. The ratings are visible in Windows Media Player and Explorer but not in Picard.

I tried changing the e-mail address to Windows Media Player 9 Series as suggested here https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-457 but it didn’t do the trick.

I then rated a song in Picard and when I open it in Notepad++ (I couldn’t find any program that would display all ID3 tags) I see that the tag POPM is duplicated, one entry is with the e-mail address I set in Picard’s preferences, the other with MusicBee.

I tried setting this string as the e-mail address in Picard, but it also didn’t work. How can I proceed?

What value does MusicBee set, could you see that?

The exact value? No, unless you know a decent ID3 tag viewer or know how to find it using hex editor. The closest I got was by using exiftool, it says: “MusicBee Rating=186 Count=0”. I also tried setting e-mail to MusicBee Rating but it also didn’t work.

Just some additional infos:

According to this MusicBee forum entry, the values are
in MP3s / POPM field:
1, 64, 128, 196, 255

Flac on the other hand gets the following values:
0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100

If you see “186” it could be that this is some kind of “a half star rating”.

Maybe Mp3tag can help you change this values?

Yes, that is indeed half star rating.

It has three fields to display rating: wmp, mm and winamp. Unfortunately they are all empty.

[quote=“karaluh, post:5, topic:292243”]
It has three fields to display rating: wmp, mm and winamp. Unfortunately they are all empty.[/quote]What do you mean with “fields to display”?
Ratings should be saved in the tag called POPM.
Could you please make a screenshot from Mp3tag window if you press ALT+T on a selected track with rating?

OK, now we’re getting somewhere. It says MusicBee|186|0

This value is the one you set in Picard?
What do you want to do now?

No, this is set by MusicBee.

I want Picard to recognize this rating so I can sync it with MB.