How to get ws/2 information for specific track from specific release?

If I query the MusicBrainz webservice with a specific Recording ID like
http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/recording/ed7f9237-98d3-4d91-bf66-f3acf7e73ce8?inc=releases&fmt=xml
I get 12 possible releases which includes this recording.
10 releases show this Recording as tracknumber 2 and a length of 4:37,
2 releases show this Recording as tracknumber 1 and length of 4:39.

How can I query the webservice with an additional specific Album Release ID (or the tracknumber or the track length?) to get only the information for the selected track and the selected release with 1 query?

I don’t think you can.

But as an aside, please don’t call a recording MBID a “track ID”; that will only lead to confusion. Tracks have their own MBIDs. (But, for historical reasons, recording MBIDs are sometimes stored in a tag named MUSICBRAINZ_TRACK_ID.)

2 Likes

[quote=“chirlu, post:2, topic:169535”]
But as an aside, please don’t call a recording MBID a “track ID”; that will only lead to confusion. Tracks have their own MBIDs. (But, for historical reasons, recording MBIDs are sometimes stored in a tag named MUSICBRAINZ_TRACK_ID.)[/quote]
I see! Thank you for this clarification and the edit of my original question.

The most confusing tag is the one you call “sometimes” stored in a tag named MUSICBRAINZ_TRACK_ID
According to this mapping table, it actually goes to the UFID-tag with Musicbrainz-URL, a completely different thing the other TXXX tags. :scream: