Dear fellow editors, how should one enter the following audio recordings?
A radio show reads every day a chapter of a book. These recordings are published daily via the podcast feed of the radio station. Some books are read in three days, others in three weeks. The best readings are routinely broadcast every two years, others will be broadcast only once.
How should I enter these episodes of the show? Too many options, none of which seems 100% correct.
Option 1: One release/release group per book
Treat each book as a live release, maybe and put all the books in a series.
- maintains the coherence of the “book”;
- easy to tag downloaded files with most taggers.
- should we record the date in which the single chapters are broadcast?
- if yes, what about books/chapters/episodes that have been/will be sent multiple times?
Option 2: One recording for each episode, one series for the whole radio show
- matches better the idea of the radio show producing an episode per day.
- what about duplicated recordings? Can the same recording appear twice in a series?
- needs support for series in tagger. (BTW, which taggers can deal with series?)
Option 3: One release per episode, one release group for the whole radio show
Pros and cons: see Podcast Style Proposal, but keep in mind that there is an additional conceptual unit here: the book.
So, what do you suggest? Any practical suggestion is appreciated, I’d like to start entering my collection and finally have Picard tag those abstrusely named episode files for me.