How to enter a medley where the tracks are short remixes of existing songs?

So there’s this Smash Ultimate medley project per se which covers a song from the respective Smash Ultimate character’s series. Each cover/remix is only a short “snippet” of the original song (around 10-20 seconds). For example, Sonic’s song is a 12-second remix of Green Hill Zone. Each remix by a different person. There is also 86 of these remixes - 87 including the bonus song at the end - in the medley. How would I go about entering this into MB while crediting the artists/original songs for each track?

It seems like you’d just end up with a single 26-minute recording with a huge dump of artists attached to it as relationships.

According to the video, NoteBlock did the “Original MIDI Arrangement”. That seems to make the 90+ musicians Performers rather than Arrangers? So then, you’d have:

Performer:
NoteBlock
Tater-Tot Tunes
Shane Steward
Andy-Ru
RoboRob
Kamex
Orenji Music
BeanBops
Celestial Fury
HoopsandHipHop
harpsona
Ryan Lafford
Soundole VGM Covers
VikingGuitar
Fabulous Reindeer
The Musical Ghost
Charles Ritz
Duzzled
Player2
GuitarGeek25
Master Sword
LyricWulf
Lotie
Pascal Michael Stiefel / Plasma3Music Remixes
Kid Yuki
purpleschala
Christian Richardson
The Noble Demon
Emdashe
Nathan
Vector U
Cepukka
HugoJ
ooyu
MichaelOST
Janne Sala
Game & Sound
Dj CUTMAN
Brandon Yates
Mistigri
Lacey Johnson Music
Snivys
Artsy Omni
Garrett Williamson Music
Gunderslam
Scruffy
Rahul Vanamali
Lame Genie
PixelCherries
Capt’n Shred
Alex Devine
Devlon Samuels
Stevie Viola
Nah Tony
PegsterMcDudeson
GlitchxCity
Moola Mixtape
Joshua Taipale
Joanne Moo
Felix Arifin
gabocarina96
sheddy
Ray Casarez
Piano Game Knight
Figburn
NPC
TeraCMusic
TNHGameRemixes
Cochu U
DS Music
Music on the D Lo
Hekdar Thunderfist
Chernabogue
Ro Panuganti
Kade Kalka
David Russell
SHUTDOWN
Tazmi
Allison Martin Trombone
Chris Allen Hess
Grant Kirkhope
Thennecan
Doug Perry
FirahFabe
1caaake
Katy Scary
Klaymore
VanilluxePavilion
longestsoloever
RichaadEB
Skig___
AJ DiSpirito

Vocals:
Eleanor Dishong
Vicvillon
Julia Henderson
LadyIgiko
Hugo Junstrand
Chris Allen Hess
Nah Tony

Violin:
Eleanor Dishong

Guitar:
Joshua Taipale
Nah Tony

Harp - harpsona

Accordion - Janne Sala

Synths - NoteBlock

Bass - Nah Tony

Upright Bass - Andy-Ru

Pitch Percussion - Rahul Vanamali

Percussion - Rahul Vanamali

Additional instruments - AJ DiSpirito

Good luck.

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem they provided the titles/composers of the source music, so if you wanted to attach composers to the recording, you’d have to go by ear. For the 26-minute recording, you’d want to use the “partial medley cover” attributes on the original Works like this:

2 Likes

Oh ok. Would I be able to use annotations to give credit to the performers for their specific parts?

Free text in the annotation would be the only way to do so, really. Most MusicBrainz relationships cannot be ordered even though people like composers and performers are commonly presented in the same, specific order (at least in Japanese music).

1 Like

Would I include artists twice (once in performers, and once for their specific roles)?

A lot of the songs are technically re-arrangements, but the closest tag I could use is cover, so should I use that alongside “partial + medley” or just not use it at all?