How to delete music after renaming

I am trying to use this in conjunction with ytdl-sub so that I can download from a playlist to a /staging folder. Picard with take that staging folder, rename the files and tracks, and save it to a /music folder. After it does that, it will delete the music in the /staging folder (essentially renaming and moving instead of copying and renaming). However, it only copies the music with the new file names over and leaves the old folder untouched. If this is not an ability of picard then I will search for something else to try to do the work for me.

Also, is there a way to prevent copying music when hitting save? I accidentally CTRL+A and saved everything again, resulting in duplicates of the song just with (1) at the end of the file name. I would much rather have it overwrite like when I accidentally save a song with the wrong album, change it, save it again, and it duplicates it to the new album keeping the song in both folders. I hope that made sense, thanks for anyone who can help!

This sounds there is an error deleting the files. Picard itself actually can only move files, there is no option currently to keep a copy. What you describe sounds like there is an error removing the old files after copying.

After saving, do the files show a green checkmark or a red error icon? If there is an error icon check details in the file’s error dialog and Picard’s error log.

In general make sure Picard can write to the files and that they are not read-only.