How to avoid slash in track number?

I’m a newcomer to Picard, and love what it does. I have it configured almost exactly how I want it, but I’m getting track number tags in the form n/n (e.g. 1/12), when I simply want a 2-digit track number (e.g. 01).
How can I get the track number to appear as a simple 2-digit number, without the slash?

1 Like

To get the track number to appear as a two-digit number use the $num() function, like:

$num(%tracknumber%,2)

Please see the following thread

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, and the link to the other thread. I’ve tried a couple of the suggestions, but my track numbers are still being set to “n/n”.

My tagging script looks like this:

$unset(totaltracks)
$num(%tracknumber%,2)

???

EDIT: Sorry just closed and re-opened Picard. Half of the problem is now resolved - I’ve lost the slash, but the track numbers are not 2-digits - i.e. I get 1 instead of 01

The tag needs to be actually set to the new value:

$set(tracknumber,$num(%tracknumber%,2))
1 Like

You just need to reload the already loaded releases on the right so the scripts run again. No need to restart Picard.

1 Like

That’s perfect - many thanks. I’m still getting my head around the scripting syntax!
God I wish I’d discovered Picard years ago…

3 Likes

Great it works for you and thanks for the nice words about Picard :slight_smile: Please excuse my short previous responses, but was just answering in between other tasks.

UPDATE: And for scripting maybe Writing a File Naming Script — MusicBrainz Picard v2.8.5 documentation can give you a feeling for it. It’s about file naming scripts, but the way things get explained step by step maybe helps getting more familiar with the scripting syntax.

4 Likes

Many thanks for the link - I’ll take a look