- Produced by Autechre
- Produced by Sean Booth and Rob Brown
- Other (Please explain)
Opening a thread after a comment left by otters61 on Edit #52678313
Most Autechre releases have something like “Ae Production. Booth/Brown.” written on them followed by the copyright text. (Ae being an abbreviation of Autechre)
- Incunabula has “Written.produced: Sean Booth.Rob Brown”
- Basscadet EP has “Written.produced.engineered Sean Booth.Rob Brown”
- Amber and Anti EP have “Autechre Production. Booth/Brown”
- Cichlisuite has “Ae Production. Mixes. Booth, Brown”
Should this be read as “Produced by Autechre. Written by Sean Booth and Rob Brown” or “An Autechre Production by Sean Booth and Rob Brown”?
Musicbrainz is currently inconsistent on how this is entered as relationships. Sometimes crediting Autechre as the producer and other times crediting Sean Booth and Rob Brown. (Discogs and Rate Your Music are also inconsistent about this)
How should this by handled on Musicbrainz: Should we credit Autechre as the producer or credit Sean Booth and Rob Brown as the producers? Or maybe all three?