How does the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affect MusicBrainz data

On WP we did not name minor children that are not considered public figures. Example - Prince George and Blue Ivy are considered public figures.
And I don’t even add non-music family members to MB unless needed to connect other family relationships.

2 Likes

The case I was working with was the James Taylor / Carly Simon family. It noticed it while adding works. I also worked on the John Hiatt catalog and put in entries where there are “Works”, I would not never put non artists in MB. But there are musical families, The Watkins, Carter’s, Taylor’s, Lennon just to name a few, that is why I was asking, I would assume all non artists are excluded.

It was explained to me that it is ok, and encouraged, to put the non musical immediate relation.
But I only do it if needed to connect someone.

1 Like

Asking to be forgotten on a public forum is the equivalent of displying a billboard on Park Avenue that says “leave me alone”.
Being a public forum should negate the request to be removed from public.

1 Like

My interpretation of Rob’s post below is that legal names will remain OK.
(Though if someone can show specific harm/immanent danger then who knows?)

Rob wrote, “We remove birth day and birth month information if an artist requests it. Other information in MusicBrainz is not Personally Identifying Information, but public record.”