Help With Vinyl Numbering in my script

Can someone help me please just finishing up my script, please?
I understand just a bit of this script so I piece stuff together and it takes me forever to get things to work.
but now I am stuck,
I want only when it is a vinyl release to have my track numbers like this…
A1, A2, A3 … B1, B2, B3
but keep CDs and Digital media normal numbering. Here is my script if someone can just help add the last bit of tagger script it would be greatly appreciated.

%_extension%/
$replace(%albumartist%,…,…)
/[%releasestatus%-%releasetype%]/
$if($eq($or(%originaldate%,%date%),1),
$left($if2(%originaldate%,%date%),4) - %album% [$if(%releasecountry%,%releasecountry% - )$if(%label%,%label% - )$if(%catalognumber%,%catalognumber% - )$if(%media%,%media% - ),)
$if($eq($left(%_bitrate%,5),$right(%_bitrate%,5)),CBR $left(%_bitrate%,3),VBR)
$noop($set(_numbr,$left(%_bitrate%,3)))
$set(_numbr,$div(%_bitrate%,1000)) - $if2($left(%date%,4)
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),][%totaldiscs%%media%,)])/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)$if(%compilation%, %artistsort% -,) %title%

I could have sworn there was a variable for this, but I just checked the documentation and I can’t find it.

An old topic but it may be useful to someone:

$if($in(%media%,Vinyl),%_musicbrainz_tracknumber%,$num(%tracknumber%,2))

Creates two-digit song number for CDs and A1, A2 for Vinyl.

9 Likes

Wow I just noticed you did this update on your script This will clean up a big mess on mine thanks so much
@hbrtkp

You’re welcome. I have two more things left to do, one of which is described here:

Maybe someone knows the solution?

Sounds great looking forward to the update. I am also trying to make a separate Soundtracks/ directory
but eliminating the artist from the front of the folder name so it just uses the movie.
Example:
Not this–> Soundtracks/Various Artists - Transformers-_Age_of_Extinction-_The_Score-(LLLCD1311)-OST-2014
This–>Soundtracks/Transformers-_Age_of_Extinction-_The_Score-(LLLCD1311)-OST-2014

This works for vinyl, but when I have 2CD album, I want the files to be like 2-01, 2-02, etc. Could anyone help how to add that? Thanks!

$if($in(%media%,Vinyl),%_musicbrainz_tracknumber%,%discnumber-$num(%tracknumber%,2))

From reading the last line of the first script, I think that is all you need.

This is my script:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$if($in(%media%,Vinyl),%_musicbrainz_tracknumber%,$num(%tracknumber%,2)) - ,)$if($and(%_multiartist%,$or(%compilation%,%_artists_album_additional_id%)),%artist% - ,)%title%

In case of multiple discs, all tracks go to the same folder, with naming 1-01, 1-02 etc. Works fine for CDs, but for Vinyl I am getting 1-A1, 1-A2, 1-B1 etc.

You need to move when you attach the disc number so it is only in the CD section. I think the above hack has done that, but it is untested.

1 Like