Help with renaming folders and files

Till now I was uisng f2k and foo_discogs for tagging and TagScanner for renaming and creating playlists.
Now I want to use one app for tags because I have huge FLAC collection and I need to have all same tags…same fields, same folder scheme etc.
All is clear with tagging but how to setup Picard to write file names like TagScanner?

I need this pattern:

Albums:

%track% - %title%

02 - Lost And Found.flac

Compilations (Various Artists):

%track% - %artist% - %title%

07 - Nicola Conte - Jet Sounds (Nu Spirit Helsinki Remix).flac

Multidisc releases:

%disc%-%track% - %artist% - %title%

6-07 - Academy Of St Martin In The Fields / Sir Neville Marriner - “Gallipoli” Adagio In G Minor (Excerpt).flac

All file names need to be general latin (I belive that’s option “Replace non-ACSI characters”) and it will be nice to have option in script something like “capitalize each word”.

Now I’m renaming all folders manually because I don’t know can I make Picard to rename main folder of album to have pattern like this:

CD

Artist - Original year - Album (Release year) [Format] {Label - Catalog number}

Pink Floyd - 2014 - The Endless River (2014) [FLAC] {Parlophone - 825646213344}

• for all CD releases I always leave just “FLAC” info

Vinyl:

Artist - Original year - Album (Release year) [Format] {Bits-Sample rate, Label - Catalog number}

Pink Floyd - 2014 - The Endless River (2014) [VINYL] {24-96, Columbia - 88875007881}

Web:

Artist - Original year - Album (Release year) [Format] {Bits-Sample rate, Label - Catalog number}

Pink Floyd - 2014 - The Endless River (2014) [DD] {24-96, HDTracks}

It will be nice if I can somehow get this to work and if I can have this done in few months instead of fey years (years if I will make raneme by myself of every album name).

If this renaming is too complexed for Picard, I can make some shorten version like this:

Artist - Original year - Album (Release year) [Format] {Catalog number}

Pink Floyd - 2014 - The Endless River (2014) [FLAC] {825646213344}

…or I can even remove “format” for CD because I have only flac files (or I can write that “FLAC” info by myself)…

Thanks for all your help! This one will save me few years of work if can be done.

Did you manage to get a working script for this? I am actually looking for something similar (especially the edition info stuff in { … }). Also, different naming depending on the media;

CD:
Artist - Album (Original Year) [EXT] {Release Year, Label, Catalog #, Media}
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (1980) [FLAC] {1987, Vertigo, 830 171-2, CD}
(release year only shows if different than original year)

Vinyl
Artist - Album (Original Year) [EXT] {Bits-Sample rate, Release Year, Label, Catalog #, Media}
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (1980) [FLAC] {24-96, Warner Bros. Records, BSK 3372, Vinyl}

WEB:
Artist - Album (Original Year) [EXT] {Bits-Sample rate, Release Year, Label, Catalog #, Media}
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (1980) [FLAC] {16-44, 2009, Rhino, Digital Media}
(if possible, change “Digital Media” to “WEB” or something shorter)

Can Picard also somehow add edition details, such as “Remaster”, “Re-issue”, “Deluxe Edition”, etc.?

if anyone could pitch in, that would be great. Thanks!

for renaming and creating playlists

how to setup Picard to write file names

Are you trying to rename files or playlists?