Help with $aggregate_bitrate


#1

hello all,
a few years ago I installed a plugin that allowed for “$aggregate_bitrate”. now that I’ve updated to the newest version of Picard, my script doesn’t allow for this function.

I’m hoping someone might be able to assist me in finding the particular plugin, or help me find another way to average all the bitrates.

thanks, everyone!


#2

The plugin should be located somewhere at the following locations if you are using Windows:

  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\MusicBrainz\Picard\plugins
  • C:\Program Files\MusicBrainz Picard\plugins
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBrainz Picard

The first location is were you actually should install plugins to. It can be easily opened from within Picard using Options > Plugins > “Open plugin folder”

On Mac and Linux it is $HOME/.config/MusicBrainz/Picard/plugins

You can also look at Picard debug output in Help > View Error/Debug log. If you have some plugins that cannot be loaded (because they are for older versions) Picard will show some warning messages on start. Depending on the plugin you should probably remove the files (copy them to a backup location) and install updated versions of the plugins using Picard’s builtin plugin management. For plugins not available in the official plugin list you’ll have to update them (like the plugin for $aggregate_bitrate). In this case just post the plugin here and I can help you updating them.


#3

thanks outsidecontext for your support!

i actually went through those folders and the debugging. I didn’t find anything in any of the old plugins and the debugging just confused me.

Having said that, i was able to stumble through some scripts i found here on the forums and managed to make it work for me.

I really appreciate the time you took to help me!


#4

Could you share your solution? This would be great and help others who want to achieve the same


#5

Absolutely!! Below is the script I now use. it doesn’t do EXACTLy what I used to do (Averaging the bitrate) but for my needs just labeling the folder as VBR works just fine.

Thanks to the poster whose script helped me!

what this code gives me is:

Led Zeppelin - (1973) Houses Of The Holy (1990)[320 8 tks]
or
Led Zeppelin - (1973) Houses Of The Holy (1990)[VBR 8 tks]


$set(album,$replace(%album%,:, -))
$if($lt($matchedtracks( ),$div(%_totalalbumtracks%,2)),Misc,
$if($inmulti(%albumgrouping%,Comedy),Comedy,
$if($inmulti(%genre%,Comedy),Comedy,
$if($inmulti(%genre%,Humour),Comedy,
$if($rsearch(%genre%,Christmas),Holidays,
$if($rsearch(%album%,Comedy),Comedy,
$if($rsearch(%album%,Christmas),Holidays,
$if($rsearch(%album%,Santa ),Holidays,
$if($rsearch(%album%,Holidays),Holidays,
$if($rsearch(%genre%,AudioBook),AudioBooks,
$if($inmulti(%genre%,Holidays),Holidays,
$if($inmulti(%releasetype%,soundtrack),Soundtrack,
$if($eq(%albumartist%,Various Artists),Various Artists,
$if($eq($left($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%),4),The ),
$left($right($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%),$sub($len($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)),4)),1),
$left($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%),1)))))))))))))))

$set(_numbr,$left(%_bitrate%,3))
$noop($set(_numbr,$div(%_bitrate%,1000)))
$noop($upper(%_extension%))
$if($eq(%_bitrate%,320.0),$set(_folderbr,320),
$if($eq(%_bitrate%,256.0),$set(_folderbr,256),
$if($eq(%_bitrate%,192.0),$set(_folderbr,192),
$if($eq(%_bitrate%,160.0),$set(_folderbr,160),
$if($eq(%_bitrate%,128.0),$set(_folderbr,128))))))

$if(%_folderbr%,
$if($gte(%_numbr%,100),$set(_folderbr,VBR),
$if($lt(%_numbr%,100),$set(_folderbr,V2),
$set(_folderbr,Err)
)))
/
$if($inmulti(%releasetype%,soundtrack),(Soundtrack)

  • %album%
    $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),(CD%discnumber%))
    ($left(%date%,4)) $left([%_folderbr%,4) %totaltracks% tks],
    $rreplace($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%),(^The )(.*),\2, The) -
    $if($ne(%albumartist%,Various Artists),($left(%originaldate%,4)) )%album%
    $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1), (CD%discnumber%))
    $if($ne(%date%,%originaldate%),($left(%date%,4)
    $if($and($eq(%albumartist%,Various Artists),$eq(%originaldate%,%date%)),(%date%)))
    $left([%_folderbr%,4) %totaltracks% tks]
    $if($lt($matchedtracks( ),%_totalalbumtracks%), (~Inc. - $matchedtracks( ) of %_totalalbumtracks%)))
    /
    $num(%tracknumber%,2). %artist% - %title%

sorry, I’m not sure how to actually post the script so I hope this helps.