GSOC 2022: Send a track to another user as a personal recommendation to ListenBrainz

Hello everyone, I am Payal Dutta. I have experience in Python, React, MySQL. I will like to contribute to ListenBrainz : Send a track to another user as a personal recommendation to ListenBrainz as its requirement matches with my skill. From where do I start? Is there any repository for this so that firstly I can set it upin local system.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Payal, Welcome to the community! The ListenBrainz project repository is GitHub - metabrainz/listenbrainz-server: Server for the ListenBrainz project, including the front-end (javascript/react) code that it serves and all of the data processing components that LB uses. . I suggest you to join the #metabrainz IRC channel as well to discuss about the project.

The first step is probably to set up your local environment and try running a development version of the server. Instructions on how to do so are available at Server development — ListenBrainz 0.1.0 documentation . In case you face issues or have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us in the IRC channel.

2 Likes