GSOC 2022 : Add Timezone support to ListenBrainz

Hello everyone. Myself Kunal Prakash. I have experience in Python, Reactjs, PostgreSQL. I like to contribute to ListenBrainz : Add Timezone support to ListenBrainz as its requirement matches with my skill. From where do I start? Is there any repository for this?. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Kunal!
Welcome to the community. I suggest you to take a look at the GSoC getting started page Development/Summer of Code/Getting started - MusicBrainz Wiki and reach out to us in #metabrainz IRC channel.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Myself Kunal Prakash. I have experience in Python, Reactjs, PostgreSQL. I like to contribute to ListenBrainz : Add Timezone support to ListenBrainz as its requirement matches with my skill. From where do I start? Is there any repository for this?. Thank you

Is it the right github url to work on “GitHub - metabrainz/listenbrainz-server: Server for the ListenBrainz project, including the front-end (javascript/react) code that it serves and all of the data processing components that LB uses.”?

Hi! Yes that’s the right url but please also look at the reply in the other thread :).

hello @lucifer. I am facing problem in libra.chat channel. I dont know how to use it

Hi! Can you tell what problem are you facing? My guess is it is asking you to create an account. Can you please try doing that using Nickname Registration | Libera Chat ?

Hi! We have disabled the registration requirement for now. So if you try joining again now, it should work.