Great resource if you're into comics! Maybe not! đź‘Ž

I came across this website: (link removed) which has a large (enormous, gigantic) collection of comics that can be read online.

1 Like

That site doesn’t look legal at all.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you are correct but it is handy all the same! Montenegro must have relaxed copyright laws.

No:
https://community.metabrainz.org/tos#6

6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As MetaBrainz asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by community.metabrainz.org violates your copyright, and if this website resides in the USA, you are encouraged to notify MetaBrainz in accordance with MetaBrainz’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. MetaBrainz will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. MetaBrainz will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of MetaBrainz or others. In the case of such termination, MetaBrainz will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to MetaBrainz.

Besides that site is:

• scraping from other sites (I’ve spotted watermarks)
  • ad-ridden (i.e. profiting off copyright infringement)

If you really want a great resource for comics, manga, etc. there are better places. (Direct Connect, Bittorrent, FTP)

2 Likes

Thank you, I wasn’t aware of that Guideline, so I have removed the link.

Well, now I’m interested in the resource and I can’t visit it