Golden quotes 🏆

more from the Discord server~

@sound.and.vision
im very much “kept in check” with storage myself… which again is ultimately a good thing… no-one wants to read “sound.and.vision lost control of his legs after a pile of 1000 VHS tapes collapsed on him”

@aerozol
What are legs even for :man_shrugging:

@sound.and.vision
exactly, this chair’s got wheels

4 Likes

5 Likes

from the Discord

@elomatreb I should shave my head because I keep accidentally uploading scans where a loose hair fell on the scanner bed

3 Likes

@teethfairy on haunted typos (source):

5 Likes
5 Likes

It took me a moment to get this one :joy:

6 Likes

:honey_pot: :cd:

delicious and nutritious~

5 Likes

more gems from the Discord (message link) discussing this remix. (screenshot source)

@UltimateRiff: OOH that’s too good~ I just found a remix of a silent track~

@teethfairy: oooooooh!!

@afrocat: reversed silence what the hell

UltimateRiff: hey, it’s a different recording! there’s artist intent! :joy: :joy: :joy:

teethfairy: well yeah, different studio session, different recording! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

afrocat: artists are doing too much man i say we overthrow all artists
no more art :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

from MEB-148:

@aerozol: All done, if you go into the design system > brand > logos, you will now see a ‘monochrome’ folder for all projects[…]

@kellnerd: Hmm, am I blind or have you created monochrome versions for all projects except MusicBrainz?

aerozol: Hey, what’s that, look over there! …Oh look, the MusicBrainz monochrome logos are now there and always definitely were there

Thanks David!

@mr_monkey: “Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”

5 Likes

truly truly, he does :pray: :joy:

5 Likes
6 Likes

People who have joined after 2021 might’ve missed this special moment on IRC.

An excerpt:

Who is the fucking mod of https://blog.metabrainz.org/? Your last update broke RYM URLs. It’s not possible to attache them to release groups

reosarevok was that you? why you do not test your code?
I would like to talk to your supervisor. Who is it?

9 Likes

chris19087

"
This morning my inbox had 340 emails from 1 user - chaban - who, apparently was channelling the Blues Brothers and decided that he was on a mission from God.
"

7 Likes

from the unofficial Discord~

@Maxr1998: strawberry ice cream is so catchy

@DontMindMe: If we get an obsession feature it will be on mine :smile: One of those songs I love to loop!

@Maxr1998: I also noticed that it’s probably a perfect song for CPR
Yeah, I’d love that obsession feature

@DontMindMe: “What are you waiting for? Save him!”
“Hold on, let me start my CPR playlist”

@Maxr1998: “He’s dying”
"I KNOW, but I just can’t decide on the right song!’

5 Likes

@aerozol

"
This thread is doing my head in…
"

https://chatlogs.metabrainz.org/libera/metabrainz/msg/5276454/

You know I appreciate all your work but don’t just pick up tickets that people make. I think it’s wrong for tickets to propose solutions to problems. We are the devs. We will find the solution after discussing with our teams

Reporting bugs is a waste of time. Got it.

For what it’s worth, that’s a lot more extreme a view than what the MB devs think at least (although I would agree with a softer version of it, “volunteer devs who are not in the dev team, ask if we want to change/fix something before you start writing code based on a ticket to make sure we don’t disagree with the proposed option and reject your code”).

Reporting bugs is certainly not a waste of time, anyway :smiley:

6 Likes

When concerns about a privacy invading core feature are apparently ignored for nearly a year it pretty much feels like a waste of time. Moreover it seems new features have a higher priority than fixing bugs in existing features.