Getting all performers in a single tag?

good evening~

I’ve been messing around with taggerscripts again, and have run into a brick wall. I’m trying to pull several creative roles into a single tag, and I’m having an issue with getting performers in there. the current script I’ve got seems to work for everything but performers, so I feel I might not be understanding the $performer() function… I’ve tried a few versions of this code:

$set(All Artists,)
$copymerge(All Artists,artists)
$copymerge(All Artists,producer)
$copymerge(All Artists,remixer)
$copymerge(All Artists,$performer(,; ))
$copymerge(All Artists,conductor)

I’ve been testing using this release, if that’s important. no plugins besides “View script variables”, and I’m on Picard version 2.7.3. it is properly pulling the performer credits into the file’s tags too.

1 Like

…actually, looking again at the Picard docs for $performer, shouldn’t this work? unless I’m not understanding this function? :thinking:

Most likely, you need to set a variable and use that variable. I’m sure this has come up before.

$performer is ok. But $copymerge is not the correct function here. $copymerge expects the name of a variable, but you give it a list of names of composers. Use $setmulti:

$setmulti(All Artists,$performer(,; ))
2 Likes

works perfectly! I adjusted it slightly, because my OCD wants them in a particular order tho… :wink:

$set(All Artists,)
$setmulti(_allperformers,$performer(,; ))
$copymerge(All Artists,artists)
$copymerge(All Artists,producer)
$copymerge(All Artists,remixer)
$copymerge(All Artists,_allperformers)
$copymerge(All Artists,conductor)
2 Likes