File renaming help

Hi everyone, I’m new to MusicBrainz and it seems like it does everything I want it to do, but I’m totally lost when it comes to code strings, so I don’t understand the renaming structure at all. Ideally, I’d like a file structure along these lines:

Artist (no “feat.”)
Year - Album
Disc (if multiple) - Track No. - Song Title

Doing some research, it looks like there’s a way to add the featured artists as a parenthetical to the song title, I’d like that if possible.

Also, for compilation albums, it would be nice to keep “Various Artists” in the main folder, with the artist being added to the song title. For example, that would look something like:

Various Artists
Year - Album
Disc (if multiple) - Track No - Artist - Song Title

In my research I found this thread, which seems similar to what I’m looking for, but not exact, if this helps as a starting point. I don’t care about a starting letter, and I don’t want the year in brackets, just the dash/space is fine.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at my answer on Newbie Help - #2 by outsidecontext , this is pretty similar. From your description it is not clear to me how you want your folders to be created, though. Maybe something like this:

%albumartist%/$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4) - )%album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber% - )$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

Just install and enable the “Feat. Artists in Titles” plugin in Options > Plugins, it will do exactly this.

Modify the above script like this:

%albumartist%/$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4) - )%album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber% - )$num(%tracknumber%,2)$if($eq(%compilation%,1), - %artist%,) - %title%
1 Like