File naming shortcut

Hi here,

I’m new here so i don’t know if this request as already been posted, sorry if it’s the case.

My problem is that I have to way of naming files depending on it’s “category” (Album, Eps…).
It’s possible in Picard to personalise the file naming. But, as it depends on the type of file that i want to sort, the idea is to have the possibilty, whith a shortcut for example, to save mutliple file naming configs.

Lets says I have these 2 renamings type :

• Albums/
    $if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/
    $if(%albumartist%,%album%/,)
    $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)%artist% - %title%

• EP/
    $if(%genre%,%genre%/,)/
    $if(%label%,%label%/,)/
    $if2(%albumartist%,%artist%) - $if(%albumartist%,%album%/,)
    $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)%artist% - %title%

It would be really cool to have a scroll down list for example here :

to choose between those file naming configs.

For now i have a text file and i have to change manually everytime I sort new music.

Many thanks

If you agree with MB’s definition of Album and EP, you can simply check the primary type inside your Picard naming script:

$if($eq(%_primaryreleasetype%,ep),%_EpPath%,
$if($eq(%_primaryreleasetype%,album),%_AlbumPath%,%_DefaultPath%))

You just have to insert your previous filenaming scripts instead of %_EpPath% and %_AlbumPath%, for all other types (e.g. Singles) there’s a third placeholder %_DefaultPath% that has to be replaced. If you don’t need this and want %_DefaultPath% to be qual to %_AlbumPath% it is even simpler to achieve:

$if($eq(%_primaryreleasetype%,ep),%_EpPath%,%_AlbumPath%)
2 Likes

As @kellnerd pointed out the currently best solution is to solve this with scripting.

However, this of course would be a useful feature to have. It has already been requested before, but so far nobody has started implementing this. See this ticket:

I will try with script then, it sound goods to me :slight_smile:
Thanks !