Fetching ISRCs from Spotify

yeah, it’s not working for me either

1 Like

The CPU is being throttled because there’s a huge amount of traffic coming from one IP address. Can’t do much about that quickly except to throttle specific users when they’re sending too much traffic, to stop them eating up all the CPU.

3 Likes

OK, actually looks like it’s better. Thanks for the quick reply :wink:

Someone may have written a bot.

Can I request a feature @tatsumo?

Would it be possible for the “Bearer token not ready” button to take you back to the page on which you clicked it? At the moment it takes you to the index page, which is quite annoying if you’ve come in directly via a link containing an MB and spotify ID (e.g. when using my userscript).

Thanks!

6 Likes

Sorry to necro-bump an old topic, but the links to this tool via marlonob’s multi-source seeder have been returning internal server errors frequently for the past few days. I’ve been waiting for several hours to submit ISRCs for one album, and every time I’ve attempted to do so I get the same error message.

EDIT: I manually removed the ?bind= syntax from the URL the seeder generates, and the link worked then. (I couldn’t submit anything to MB, though.) There has to be an issue with interaction between the two services.

Also sorry for a necro-bump, but I have some feedback for the tool.

5 Likes

Fot what it’s worth, the ISRC can be written in two ways indeed, and with hyphens, is more readable, by the way, but they are optional:

/[A-Z]{2}\-?[A-Z0-9]{3}\-?[0-9]{2}\-?[0-9]{5}/
(regular expression)

• Country code (2 characters)
  • Label code (3 characters)
  • Year of either ISRC registering or of actual recording process (2 digits)
  • Label assigned (free) code for this recording (5 digits)
3 Likes

Sorry to necro-bump an old thread, but tatsumo’s Spotify ISRC fetcher is now asking for a login and password. Has anyone else experienced this?

It’s for maintenance. Will be back up in a few hours

3 Likes

Password protection is disabled. Was migrating rendering to React, and had an issue I needed to push to verify the fix for.

May be slightly flakier than before as I work my way through refactoring, but hopefully not.

3 Likes

It’s no longer asking me to log in, but it’s still not functional.
This is what I see:
Imgur

You’ll have to elaborate on “not functional” because there’s nothing obviously non functional in that screenshot.

It doesn’t show corresponding recording titles and ISRCs in MB in the opposite column like it used to.
I can click the “Submit” button at the bottom (which I couldn’t get in the screenshot without chopping off most of the top) but nothing happens.
Plus, all the text is oriented to the left, whereas before it was centered.

You need to paste the URL in the bottom.

From looking at the access logs, it looks like you’re using a precomposed ?bind URL, which isn’t supported anymore.

And yes, I know about the left alignment. But you’ll excuse me if I don’t consider that “not functional”.

1 Like

That’s news to me. I was using the complementary link generated by @marlonob’s digital release seeder.

This wasn’t something I supported explicitly.

Reverse engineering the URL structure was trivial obviously, and not something I had a problem with, but it was still that: reverse engineering.

I will try to update the build this evening to support this, but again, this isn’t something that I commit to not breaking in future (though I’ll try not to)

Edit: This should be done now, but you’ll probably need to clear the cache to get the new JS assets.

4 Likes

OK, it works now (with or without precomposed URLs) but it doesn’t indicate if the job succeeded or failed. I had to check the edit history on each release to make sure the ISRCs were successfully submitted.

Due to this migration, the confirmation message “submit successfully” has been deleted?

Edit: corrected, now with status Submit, In progress and Submitted. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I send a link from Spotify, nothing happens, everything looks like this on the screen. Something has changed? When will the result display work?

2 Likes