Feedback and support thread for the Pulsewidth a-tisket instance

Works fine for me. Use it a ton.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! So is the correct thing to do when I find different barcodes to then add a separate entry for each release under the one release group? One for the iTunes, etc.? I’m fine with that, just want to do it right. Also thanks for letting me know that the long country lists are now not welcome. I love to add data where it isn’t there but I’m not a big coder or some such and I have an old brain (53) so I just kinda try to do what I see others do, and long country lists are everywhere in Musicbrainz lately. I will search out the scripts to do that.

1 Like

Correct. Each one would be a separate release in the same release group. When you have a long list of countries now, best thing to do is to copy & paste the annotation from a-tisket to the release annotation and leave the release country blank, unless it’s truly a Worldwide release or just a small number of countries. There’s talk of eventually adding an “internet” or something similar as a release country event so that we won’t have blank countries, but many don’t want Worldwide if there are countries exempt. Also, if only British Indian Ocean Territory is exempted, it’s a Worldwide release. Nobody lives there.

4 Likes

Thanks again tigerman325, your explanations are easy to understand and help make this much easier for me. I usually only a few moments to work on releases at any given time so any tool that makes it easier to do it quickly and properly is very valuable.
Another question, I have found a Deezer script and it’s otherwise great but Deezer does not appear to have ISRC data to import. I looked at This Is A Call by the Foo Fighters to test my idea and it does seem that the IRSC is the same for that song no matter the format, source or country. Am I then able to assume I could use the tatsumo script to seed the ISRCs from Spotify and be sure they definitely match? I notice a Load Custom button to put whatever MB release I want there.
I don’t suppose anyone would ever try to make a script for seeding Buckethead Pikes? I love his work but oh my does he put out many many releases and it would be nice to be able to automate that from now to the future.

I’d use a-tisket for Deezer as well. It does show ISRCs for Deezer. Use that with https://magicisrc.kepstin.ca/. If you just copy & paste the list of ISRCs from a-tisket’s track listing into the first field it will autofill all the ISRCs into the recordings. Then you can login & submit from there.

1 Like

Might be a dumb question, but how do I copy just the ISRCs from a-tisket? When I attempt to copy the ISRC list it also grabs artist/title/duration making it useless for pasting.

What are you trying to do with them? If submit them, then it’s probably easier to just use the automatic submission tool it links to?

I just highlight from the first ISRC down to the last on the list (hold mouse button down, drag), then copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) on first empty field on Magic ISRC, when Spotify isn’t part of the release (which of course will have the submit ISRC link on a-tisket)

Another cool way is to do it from the Apple Music page using the ToadKing script. There’s a link on it and all you do is paste the URL from your MB release and it’ll fill out Magic ISRC for you and you submit.

1 Like

When I do that I get this:

and when I paste into MagicISRC I get the expected result:

I also use the ToadKing script for Apple Music, but I manually transcribe the ISRCs. I see the link to MagicISRC now and feel silly, but at least it’s better knowing :slight_smile:

@reosarevok Yes I’m trying to submit them and yes I use the atj Spotify import script generally, but copy them from a-tisket when Deezer is the only valid source and manually from Apple Music (but no longer!).

1 Like

I just looked to see if a script was allowing me to fill all of them at once and noticed the following script installed to work on Magic ISRC. Forgot I had a script installed:

2 Likes

Beautiful. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

MagicISRC doesn’t leave edit notes, so if you do use it to add ISRCs to recordings, it’s appreciated if you add an edit after the fact to specify which release the ISRCs goes with. That can help sort out incorrectly merged recordings in the future.

6 Likes

If MagicISRC supported seeding of edit notes, it would be a good candidate for integration into a-tisket. No need to have a Spotify account to submit ISRCs and the ability to also seed Apple Music and Deezer sourced ISRCs.

Here’s the relevant ticket which I’ve created a while back:

9 Likes

This pretty new album keeps saying the itunes API wont give any results:
https://atisket.pulsewidth.org.uk/?cached=4582729910304-d_0-s_1KSYlqwBVkcKm1sgRpKYoa-i_0

But this does give you a text file with an release: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/lookup?id=1698896557&entity=song&limit=2000

And it is out: ‎常闇トワの「ANEMONE - Single」をApple Musicで

When I started to search it wasn’t on itunes anywhere but by 10:00 UTC yesterday it was out in japan. Not sure what’s going on…

Maybe I searched for it earlier than I should and now a-tisket cached the itunes result even 18 hours later or maybe it needs to be out in every time zone?

It works when you click the box at the bottom under auxiliary that says “Search iTunes globally for release countries”. You should do that when adding any Apple Music releases anyway so that the annotation will have all the countries listed.

it even works if you re-search without that now… it must have been something with 24h later. I tried the global thing earlier with no effect.

1 Like

at what point slow is “depressing slow i give up”

a\ You have picked a random unrelated thread to post in.
b\ Don’t try and tag 22000 files as you’ll never be able to check the results. Work in much smaller batches. (like a few albums at a time…)
c\ I hope you have good backups before you start. Attempting to block hit everything like that WILL lead to many many errors.

2 Likes

i made a post above complaining that i cant add everything from a artist

i know it was a fast way to show the pending work/task

Still does not make any sense… bulk adding 22000 of anything will always cause a huge volume of crap data. And your screenshot was from Picard and nothing to do with this A-Tisket tool. You make no sense.

3 Likes