Feature request - Import loved tracks from LastFM to ListenBrainz plus questions about doing it manually

Hello,

There’s an existing history import button which seems to work well, but there’s no easy way to import loved songs.

Here’s how far I got with doing it myself:
I’ve been able to extract my favorites from LastFM using this handy website: lastfm-tools

I found ListenBrainz’s API supports loved tracks:
https://listenbrainz.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users/api-usage.html?highlight=love#love-hate-feedback

However, it seems to require MIDBs, which, looking at the exported data from LastFM, not all of my loved tracks have. The document doesn’t mention if this parameter is optional. Is it optional? If so I guess it might be straightforward to write a script that uses the exported data from the aforementioned website, I could do it myself and post it here.

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in answering. The parameter is not optional but you can try to get a MBID like this example: Usage Examples — ListenBrainz 0.1.0 documentation

Hi,

I’ve also been looking for a way of importing my thousands of loved tracks from last.fm into ListenBrainz (with no luck so far) but it seems that by using the method above I could extract my last.fm loved tracks and map them to MBIDs, and this should work fine for my past history.

However, I would also like to be able to submit (new) feedback to ListenBrainz while playing the tracks.
I am currently relying on the Last.FM Compatible API to scrobble from Logitech Media Server to ListenBrainz. If I understand this right, the Last.FM Compatible API for ListenBrainz will not support submitting loved tracks by using the ListenBrainz Proxy because submitting loved tracks to last.fm is not using a MBID and is only relying on Artist and Track names (please correct me if I am wrong).

So if I use proxy.listenbrainz.org as a means to scrobble to ListenBrainz, I cannot submit loved tracks to the same proxy, I need to use the Feedback API instead and also make sure to include the MBID in the request. This would actually require a significant rewrite of that section of the Audioscrobbler plugin for LMS (which is probably beyond my coding skills anyway) so I would first like to make sure I am getting this right. Sorry if it’s a silly question, I am a newbie to ListenBrainz, so far I’ve only been importing my last.fm scrobble history a couple of times in the past, I only started submitting data in real time a few days ago.

Thanks for any feedback! :wink: