ERROR while using site outside the docker

this is the error

what can be the possible reason ?

The red banner most likely means that Redis isn’t running (it’s used for login sessions).

An error like that on the index page usually means postgres isn’t running or that the database isn’t set up.
You should be able to get more information about the error in your console logs.

2 Likes

@MonkeyDo
I request you to please setup the postgresql and import the data from scratch once, outside the docker.
And post the steps.
I am getting clusters of problem😅.

Thanks, I tried and find an issue I hadn’t run into previously: when importing the database dump, there is a flag missing to specify the database.
So it should be:
psql -h localhost -U postgres -d bookbrainz -f latest.sql

Could you please try that and let me know if it is working for you?

2 Likes

@mr_monkey

i am getting same problem,
and i am not exactly aware about the origin of this issue .

is it that , we can no longer use docker containers of postgres and redis ? and we have to setup those on our own machine outside of docker ?.

Or if we can still use the same database setup that we used in docker setup how to do that?

You can absolutely use docker, and I recommend it, it’s by far easier to get started.
The user that created the thread was running dependencies outside of Docker, so the problem you’re encountering would likely be different.

To set up the dependencies, database, and configuration, you’ll need to follow all the steps of " Setting up a local BookBrainz server" in the repository readme until the “Running the API” section.

If you’re already doing that, I’ll need more information to understand where you’re blocked.
Is there a specific error you’re encountering in the console logs?
Could you try running the website following to the “Running the web server” section of the readme and copy the logs to something like https://pastebin.com to share it?