Error when saving a wma file with cover picture

Whenever I try to save any wma file, I get the following error in the status bar: (error: ‘WM/Picture’).

I thought perhaps the wma files don’t support embedded pictures, but I do not even know how to remove the fetched picture.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Like

Can you check if there is any detailed error message in Help > View Error/Debug log? Please share the output from that window here, maybe we can see what’s going on.

Also can you share an image for which that happens, and maybe also an affected WMA file?

Here’s the error code. This happens to ANY wma files…I have now tried about 5 different ones.

E: 01:55:06,190 /snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/util/thread.future_callback:59: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/util/thread.py”, line 55, in future_callback
result = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 437, in result
return self.__get_result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 389, in __get_result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/file.py”, line 347, in _save_and_rename
self._preserve_times(old_filename, save)
File “/snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/file.py”, line 323, in _preserve_times
func()
File “/snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/formats/asf.py”, line 268, in _save
cover = tags[‘WM/Picture’] if config.setting[‘preserve_images’] else None
File “/snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/asf/init.py”, line 96, in getitem
raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: ‘WM/Picture’

E: 01:55:06,199 /snap/picard/821/lib/python3.8/site-packages/picard/ui/item.error_append:106: <ASFFile ‘Haiducci - Dragostea din tei.wma’>: ‘WM/Picture’

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s a bug in the beta version with the new “Keep embedded images when clearing tags” option. It only happens if the WMA file does not have an existing embedded image and if both “Clear existing tags” and “Keep embedded images when clearing tags” are activated. We’ll fix that for the next beta release.

As a workaround you can disable either “Clear existing tags” or at least “Keep embedded images when clearing tags”. Once the images have been saved to the file the next save attempts should also work even with these options enabled.

2 Likes

You re absolutely correct. I am on the beta 2. Sorry I should have mentioned that. Unchecking the “Keep embedded images when clearing tags” did the trick for now. I did search the forums and found nothing on the issue. Glad you know this bug exists.

Much appreciation!

1 Like

I didn’t, only your report and the error output helped me identify it :slight_smile: So thanks a lot.

I added a ticket to track this: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-2342

4 Likes

I submitted a fix for this. While doing so I found out that the same issue exists for MP4 files. The fix is currently in review, but we’ll get this done for the next beta which we plan to release soon.

3 Likes