Error Message: "Network access is disabled."

[date=2020-03-30 timezone=“Australia/Sydney”]This text will be hidden

My platform is Win 10 Pro.
I have followed the Quick Start guide to “7 Pay attention to the amount of tracks in each album, and pick the one you have. Click the green TAGGER button.”

The selected album does not load with “could not load album”. Same occurs if I search album from Picard & click TAGGER button. Any help would be appreciated, I have read the FAQ the relevant point is that I can repeat the attempt multiple time over a period as well as repeat with multiple albums without loading any of them & the same errors reported I suspect from the “Network access is disabled” message I always get that I have missed a configuration option.
Cheers,
Det

Addendum[ date=2020-03-31 timezone=“Australia/Sydney”]
Zas, Sorry I couldn’t find a way to add a comment to the ticket. My issue is solely running Picard 2.3.1 under WIN 10 Pro I don’t run a VPN so “my” problem is a bit different. I have just noticed that if I open a new session of Picard & click Help/About at the bottom edge of the pop-up I see “Error loading plugins list: Network access is disabled”

We had multiple reports of such issue already, there’s a ticket: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1791

Can you add details about your environment as comment on the ticket?

2 Likes

We don’t know for sure yet why this is happening or how to reproduce the issue, but we suspect it is related to recent networking changes to the Qt library.

To narrow down the issue, could you test the following build: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/artifacts.picard.uploadedlobster.com/picard-setup-2.3.2.dev1.exe

This version is using a Qt downgraded to version 5.13.2 (instead of the 5.14.1 used in the last release).

2 Likes

2020-03-30T13:00:00Z
Thanks outside I have just installed 2.3.2,dev1 & things seem to be working again – it’s only been a few minutes but I’m happy so far. I will advise if I find any probs
Cheers,
Det

2 Likes

Using the dev version solved this issues on my end

same here - error resolved with dev version.

win 7 64bit using vpn and firewall, no issue.

I have a fix / workaround for the issue up for review, so we can hopefully fix this with the next release. This is an issue with the networking module of the Qt framework Picard is using. Basically the networking module can get into a situation where it assumes the network is disconnected even if it isn’t.

2 Likes