Downloadable, ready-to-use MB-Server docker image?

As we know, there are working “docker” installation instructions here:

Do you know any downloadble, actualized, working “real” docker image?
An image, where you only have to set the WEBADDRESS, the ports and start the container, like this - unfortunately deprecated - project:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/musicbrainz

The name musicbrainz-docker can indeed be misleading: It actually is a Docker Compose project, not just a standalone Docker image.

1 Like

When my PC was still working, I ran that musicbrainz-docker Docker Compose project.

Sorry if it’s a dumb question but, did it generate a Docker image, somewhere?

1 Like

AFAIK it generates some docker images (using docker inside your Ubuntu OS inside your VM) :face_with_monocle:

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                             COMMAND                  CREATED      STATUS       PORTS                                                 NAMES
cf0f76ff67bc   musicbrainz-docker_musicbrainz    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 days ago   Up 7 hours   0.0.0.0:5000->5000/tcp, :::5000->5000/tcp             musicbrainz-docker_musicbrainz_1
3f37b07e34ec   musicbrainz-docker_mq             "/docker-entrypoint-…"   7 days ago   Up 7 hours   4369/tcp, 5671-5672/tcp, 15671-15672/tcp, 25672/tcp   musicbrainz-docker_mq_1
41bf80da8f4d   musicbrainz-docker_search:3.4.2   "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 days ago   Up 7 hours   8983/tcp                                              musicbrainz-docker_search_1
5aa4a05b159f   redis:3-alpine                    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 days ago   Up 7 hours   6379/tcp                                              musicbrainz-docker_redis_1
99cbec5f9fce   musicbrainz-docker_db:12          "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 days ago   Up 7 hours   5432/tcp                                              musicbrainz-docker_db_1

What I was asking for is to run the above 5 docker container in a docker environment - for example on a Synology NAS. Without VM, without Ubuntu, without separately installed Python.

Maybe @yvanzo can explain the differences more detailed?

1 Like

I was on Debian 10.

Ah yes, good.
But I thought I understood that Synology NAS could run Docker Compose projects… :thinking:

1 Like

You can run ready made docker containers - for example from here - on a Synology NAS with installed docker package.

But AFAIK you can not install a Debian or Ubuntu in a Synology docker, then inside this running Ubuntu install docker for this OS again and then run all the steps necessary to get the 5 MusicBrainz-container up & running.

Or am I wrong, @yvanzo ?

1 Like

According to Docker - Synology Knowledge Center their DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.2 comes with its own management web GUI for Docker containers only but also with Docker Compose as they mention “including […] Docker Compose”.

So you cannot use their GUI for managing musicbrainz-docker but you should be able to deploy it anyway using commands through SSH: Terminal | DSM - Synology Knowledge Center.

Their NAS (with DSM 6.2 at least) seem to provide all the required software:

3 Likes