Documentation on Formats Has ?'s After Rarity

rarity also depends on where in the world you are. for example, I’d be surprised if there are many HiPac cassettes in secondhand stores here in the US, or really anywhere outside Japan.

1 Like

Definitely not rare enough that I had to stop buying older releases from several mainstream bluegrass labels that started producing out of stock and low volume on CDR without telling you. I sent a email to the label and they acknowledged the “possibility” of the practice.

3 Likes

Exactly, do we really need to get this column perfect? (No :stuck_out_tongue:)

That said, I think it is useful - it’s good to highlight if a format is unlikely to be the one in-hand at a glance.

P.s. get stuck into the wiki my friend!

hmmm, i tried to create an account and got this?

1 Like

There should be an HTTP Auth pop-up requesting username and password which should both be “NOTSPAM”.

The auth pop-up should tell you as much, but some browsers have decided to not show this.

3 Likes

Yeah I think I ballsed that part up - will try again tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I tried doing this tonight (i’ve saved my changes in a local text document), and got this when I try to submit the changes :sleepy:

Regarding the commercial use of CD-R, Smithsonian Folkways is one of the labels releasing these as “custom CDs”.

Amazon also sells “manufactured on demand” CD-Rs of some releases.

1 Like

Ugh still not fixed… if anyone’s wondering you should be able to get round this by clicking ‘edit source’ in the wiki page instead of using the visual editor.

I also lost a bunch of time because of this thing :confounded:

edit: made ticket

1 Like