[Disney] or Composers for Disney track artists?

But the special purpose artist is [Unknown] in this case. She’s credited as Disney (or Disney Corporation, or whatever) on this release, though.

1 Like

There’s no specific recording or release we are talking about here. I’m just asking about a common situation with some Disney-related recordings where there is no performer credited.

Now to fall deeper into the rabbit hole…

I looked back at this reply and since the performer is unknown, then it WILL get mixed up with other “Mickey Mouse Club March” recordings with unknown performers, because we have established that “Disneyland Band” is a description of the theme park attraction/show, not the actual performer. So we should probably put “Disneyland Band” in the disambiguation, no? For example:

Title (Disambiguation) MB Artist/Credited As Artist

Mickey Mouse Club March (Disneyland Band) - [unknown]/[Disney]
Mickey Mouse Club March (Harajuku Version) - [unknown]/[Disney]

1 Like

My take (and I could be wrong) was that Disneyland Band was both the attraction and performer. You’d said previously it is a band so it seems a fair assumption that it’s a recording by them?

I’ve never been to such a venue. Are these (regular) live performances at Disneyland? Or canned recordings that are played there?

Or does this vary by track – e.g. MMCM is played live, by the Disneyland band, while track 2, Yo Ho, is played from tape/CD/harddisk every 5 minutes?

Pretty much this. There are live bands, staged performances that are lip synced, rides with recorded music sequenced to where the ride vehicle is at the moment, etc. The Disneyland Band is a real life band that would play the MMCM, but the members of any particular band at one of the parks may rotate at a moment’s notice or stay with the band for years.

1 Like

This sounds like we should have 4 (or however many parks there are/have been) Disneyland Band’s (and perhaps a catch-all one for when the specific park of the band isn’t known). Rotating members are not an issue. ROD’s members rotate every year and it’s a different subset of its members at every single concert.

1 Like

There is a Disneyland Band but The Walt Disney World Band is aliased to [Disney]. I haven’t checked this particular MMCM recording yet, but I know there are also some tracks shared between both parks on their respective albums, so there’s a possibility the identical track will be credited to either/or band on a particular release.

1 Like