Discogs images

Oh, but I’ve always been logged into my account and am today. Doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Been playing a bit more. Notice how the webp images are weirdly blown up? Fuzzy?

BUT right click them and open as an image in a new tab… and back to JPGs again.

Even if I right click them and ask for properties, it swaps to the JPGs. This is all in Vivaldi browser.

2 Likes

Odd. I tried that earlier today, and they were saving as webp even though the address had a jpeg extension on the end, but now they are saving again as jpg. So, that’s good.

Okay, They only save as jpg if you open image in new tab while looking at the image from the edit page. If you do that from the normal viewing images on release page, it’ll open them in new tab, but if you try to save them, it still goes to webp. So, not so good. I’m using the new Edge (which is basically Chrome).

2 Likes

Strange. Last night it was still doing JPGs on that method, now it is webp. Where it is really odd is asking for Image Properties it still says JPG. Looks like it is the save routine they hijack in some way.

Yeurk - webp just looks like a blurry out of focus mess.

2 Likes

Another example showing the Musicbrainz open model to be much better in the long run than privately controlled data models.

I feel for all the Discogs contributors who are seeing the great scans they shared being locked away by the Discog owner/s.

9 Likes

It’s back to saving as .jpg instead of webp.

4 Likes