Did i find a bug or am i doing something wrong?


#1

While making some requests using my web browser to study the structure of json responses… i made the request below for what i believe should have been a BROWSE Event linked to resource Area (Los Angeles) including annotations aliases, and relations for everything… as i believe is valid described on the API page…

https://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/event?area=1f40c6e1-47ba-4e35-996f-fe6ee5840e62&inc=annotation+aliases+artist-rels+event-rels+instrument-rels+label-rels+place-rels+recording-rels+release-rels+release-group-rels+series-rels+url-rels+work-rels&fmt=json&limit=3

but the response (error) was unlike anything i usually get when making an errant request…
manifesting itself in the page as:

file error - main/500.tt: not found

Usually if there is a bad data, it return a message like, invalid inc parameter or xxx resource is not valid for xxx, or if there is nothing found then the count property 0 and an empty array of results…

some tech detail from the page if it helps:


#2

We’re currently down for an update. If this still fails in a few hours, let us know and we’ll look into it further :slight_smile:


#3

See


and

for more information. :slight_smile: (It seems like your original post was made just after the downtime tweet.)


#4

yes, after several minutes i checked isitdownrightnow.com and confirmed as such… thanks


#5

Hmm tomorrow brings 502 errors… Bad Gateway… Hope you guys are ok…


#6

You have indeed found a bug. I’ve reported it here: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/MBS-9343

Thanks!