Database replication issue with mbdata (25.0.4)

Hi everyone,

I have recently joined the meta/musicbrainz community. For a few days, I have been facing troubles in the replication of Musicbrainz database (through Mbdata) and while I was looking for support, I noticed this chat, hoping that, by contacting users some of them might help me. Basically, following the guide there are no problems up to point 6, everything is fine; however, on point 7, where I should import dumps in the form of .tar files, I keep running into this error:

Importing data from mbdump.tar.bz2

• Loading alternative_release_type to musicbrainz.alternative_release_type
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/manuel/.local/bin/mbslave”, line 8, in
    sys.exit(main())
    File “/home/manuel/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mbdata/replication.py”, line 592, in main
    args.func(config, args)
    File “/home/manuel/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mbdata/replication.py”, line 253, in mbslave_import_main
    load_tar(filename, db, config, config.schemas.ignored_schemas, config.tables.ignored_tables)
    File “/home/manuel/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mbdata/replication.py”, line 245, in load_tar
    cursor.copy_from(tar.extractfile(member), fulltable)
    psycopg2.errors.UndefinedTable: relation “musicbrainz.alternative_release_type” does not exist

If I check in the Postgres musicbrainz database, all the tables are available. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi @m_jones9, sorry for the late reply. Are you still having this problem?

Hi @Freso, I gave up with mbdata and I actually started using the json dump and json live feed, everything is fine with those, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Is there a solution to it? Alternatively, where can I find the json dump that @m_jones9 is referring to?
Thank you in advance

I opened an issue for this: