Starting on around the 27th it seems that the cover art archive is failing with a 429 very frequently, and often on the first GET request.
At first I thought that it might be a problem with how often I was querying (obv) however slowing down the calls doesn’t seem to improve. I’ve also tried this from multiple IPs and I’m getting the same result.
- GET request through my usual app (worked until 27/9/2022, now seems to work inconsistently).
- hitting https://coverartarchive.org/ through a browser (429 on first and subsequent refreshes).
- hitting http://coverartarchive.org through a browser (same as https).
- Coverartarchive.org down? Current problems and status. reports it as down.
- hitting https://coverartarchive.org/release/76df3287-6cda-33eb-8e9a-044b5e15ffdd/829521842-250.jpg through a browser (429 on first and subsequent refreshes).
- expanding the artwork on a release-group page (https://musicbrainz.org/release/db43bdd2-05e5-3f5d-afe4-cc7763ba854e) (modal continues to load and a 429 in the network tab).
It is just me? without a Retry Header it’s hard to tell what is going on and the documentation still says that there is not a rate-limit (although a found an answer to a question somewhere on musicbrainz that said one was added).
Any info would be greatly appreciated