Correct recording works due to track list error

I was adding some missing information to this release of Short Stories by Jon and Vangelis, when I noticed that the track listing on the cover art is incorrect.

The cover art lists track 6 as Love Is / One More Time but on the CD the actual recording is only the song One More Time.

This is a misprint error, because track 5 has the two songs Far Away in Baagad and Love Is in the recording, which makes sense since these songs are supposed to flow seamlessly with no fade or gap in between.

My question is, would it be appropriate move the song “Love Is” to the recording in track 5, despite the title error of track 6? It would be more accurate this way, albeit somewhat confusing for someone who doesn’t know about the error.

2 Likes

I would set the correct tracklist as you say and write an annotation explaining why the difference with the misprint.

2 Likes

So move the work for Love Is to track 5, change the titles of the two affected tracks + their recordings, and explain the misprint in the release annotation?

1 Like

Yes, document what you hear. If I am adjusting works like that I’d add an annotation to both the Recording and Release to explain.

2 Likes

I remember having had exactly the same case for tracks 1.4 and 1.5 on this other release.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve corrected both recordings and 2 releases that were affected by this error, as well as adding annotations for everything. Thanks guys!

3 Likes