Connecting to Spotify imports already scrobbled listens

Hi! So I might have a slight problem with my listen feed.

I used to scrobble with rescrobbled since I’m using different music players sometimes, and did so over the last 2,5 years. This morning I decided to remove Spotify from its whitelist and connect it to my account instead, in the hopes to improve matching titles with the musicbrainz library.
What I didn’t realize, is that this would import my complete Spotify listen history, which I already scrobbled, again.
So I now have about 2,5 years of duplicate scrobbles in my history :grimacing:

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way for me to clean this mess up without going over all these listens by hand?
  2. If I have to do so by hand, is there some tool that might make this at least a little more convenient than using the regular web interface?
  3. Would it be possible to make users select whether they want to import old listens as well when connecting their account to Spotify? I don’t know how frequently this would happen, but it might prevent a few others from running into the same issue.

PS: That affects any of my Spotify listens before today, this is some random point in my history to demonstrate the mess: https://listenbrainz.org/user/irimi1/?max_ts=1673473650

EDIT: I’m so sorry, I panicked a little prematurely. I didn’t check further back before just now, and scrobbles before yesterday seem to be fine. I just need to clean up yesterday and I should be good, and the scrobbles are easily recognizable by the duration provided.
Sorry for the noise :persevere:

Cheers,
irimi1

1 Like