Community Cleanup #4: Hyperion

You do that from the right pane ‘Edit relationships’ link. Then there, under Recordings, select all titles whose to-be-created Works share the same Work Type (if that Type is in that current list; f.i. Quartet is there, but Quintet is not. Also, do not use Quartet for movement parts of a parent Quartet and so on.). Then ‘Batch-create new works’. Works will be named after selected recordings, which is, it seems, why CSG practice allows for extensive Work-title conformation of Track/Recording titles, at least for Works not already present at MB.)

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve edited that one. I sometimes don’t realize the changes are already in and override them (which would make your edit fail eventually but have no other adverse result) but I think in your case I’ve been approving your edits instead :slight_smile:

Edit: I approved those edits too now :slight_smile:

So much to learn still :star_struck:

1 Like

Hope I’ve done it correctly. I must admit, I hadn’t appreciated the power of the “batch create new works” until @Griomo’s post. So I did that, then used “batch create relationships” for the composer. Then again to create the parent works. The only slight wrinkle is that when linking to the newly created parent work, the parts were not in the sequence on the tracklisting. It would help if the “batch-add relationship to works” provided the “specific ordering” option (using the track list order as the sequence). That said, there was not much manual editing to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! (sorry, missed this answer earlier)